Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 06:49 AM

Default How\'s this river?

This might not be to interesting, but I think at the very least it shows a good spot where you should not c-bet the flop.

I've only got a few hands on UTG+1.
No reads on CO. He is 28/10/1.68 after 600ish hands.

I wasn't too sure what to do with the river. We got an overcall, with a couple of guys to act. I feel like I have a pretty good hand. Do I overcall and hope some worse aces and/or queens call?

The pot's not really that big, but I don't know if that really makes much difference here...?

Even after thinking about this for a bit, I'm still not too sure...

Full Tilt 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 05-05-2007, 07:22 AM

Default Re: How\'s this river?

Why would you not c-bet this flop? Many SC-type hand will fold as the pot isn't big enough to draw to their (likely) bd-draws.

Also, it might buy you a free look at the river.

I think I just call the river. Assuming rational players, it's hard to imagine what they could put you on except some ace. Maybe TT/JJ/88 or something. So I wouldn't be surprised to see some ragged rivered 2pr or some such.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:09 AM

Take a stab at the flop with your position. Take a free card if you don't improve. If you think everyone may fold you could fire off another bullet (usually works if you can get a headsup opponent on turn). On the turn, if you improve and its checked to you then bet, otherwise call. Check/call the river if you hit an Ace or King there. Check/Fold otherwise if you didn't make it.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:10 AM

c-bet the flop and raise the river i think. i doubt he has JT. You got your ace, if its 3 bet to you call and if its 4bet to you consider folding.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:37 AM

Why should we not raise turned TPTK, when we might have the chance to protect our hand against GS draws? Hero has button, cannot c/c the river. Even if he was OOP why do you think he should not bet a rivered A/K?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why should we not raise turned TPTK, when we might have the chance to protect our hand against GS draws? Hero has button, cannot c/c the river. Even if he was OOP why do you think he should not bet a rivered A/K?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong thread?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, if you improve and its checked to you then bet, otherwise call. Check/call the river if you hit an Ace or King there. Check/Fold otherwise if you didn't make it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-05-2007, 09:03 AM

If I hit my ace or king on this turn, it is a def raise.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:06 AM

As everyone else already said, you need to bet that flop. You have two over cards, a back door straight draw, and strong position. Bet.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:16 AM

c-bets against 4 other people with A-high is debatable. It's probably right on the line where you go one way or the other. Against 3 other people it's an easy c-bet, against 5 it's an easy check. A lot of it is going to depend on how tight the table is playing post flop, but it isn't a clear cut c-bet.

The river looks to be a toss up, only idiots are going to call one here, let alone two. You've got two people who haven't called any yet and two with one bet in. If you had reads on the guys behind you that would help. It's probably break even either way.