Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2006, 11:21 PM

Default Asked Girl out- Rate my play

I'm at the beach all day with a buddy of mine and another buddies girlfriend, he's at work. We've all been friends for a while so nothing goin on there and while we're driving we have a conversation, teasing the girl about why dogs are better than women... They dont need chocolate, flowers, candy.... just kidding around and such. We're on our way to get lunch about 10 minutes later and are in 2 cars at this point. I arrive at the sandwich place first, and see a flower stand next door. My mom has been real stressed lately and was in a bad mood that morning so I walked over and bought her a bouquet.

2 women working at this place, one mid 50's, the other 18-20ish (im 19) and very attractive. I also buy my friend a rose, as she had mentioned how she didn't need any of that other stuff just flowers, and the 2 women were complimenting me on how sweet it was to buy my mom/friend flowers for no reason. A fortunate few lines of dialog allowed the information to be known that the rose was for my friend, the bouquet for my mother, each for no reason, and without me bragging about it, just responding to the girls questions.

Cute young girl is really flirty with me. I buy flowers, walk over to eat lunch. Having just broken up with my girlfried about a month ago, I thought it'd be cool to go ask this girl on a date, something I've never done before (Ask someone for their # etc.. having just met them). I walk back to the flower stand post lunch and ask for one more rose. The older lady is dealing with other people around the corner, so its just me and this hottie.

Girl:That was really sweet of you to buy your friend a rose
Me: thanks, she was just a bit down
Girl: Some question about how I want the other rose cut...
Me: Whatever you think is best

Money exchanges hands bla bla...

Me: I was wondering if you'd like to get coffee with me sometime
Girl: (Looking genuinly sad) I have a boyfriend....
Me: Not suprised. (with a smile) You have a good day
Girl: You too, come back if you need to buy flowers for anyone in the next couple weeks (she says, while kind of shrugging)

I nod, confused, and walk off. I had meant to give the rose I had just bought to her regardless if she said yes or no, but I was kinda embarrassed after the conversation and just walked off.

Suprisingly, i felt great after this encounter. She had said no, but there was no harm done. I went out on a limb, almost succeded, and tried, no shame. I recomend doing something similar to this sometime to everyone thats single, theres no downside, but a very good upside should it work out.

This summer i'm 0 for 1.

Also, I don't really know what her last comment meant, but if I do need flowers for any reason soon, I think i'll go back. My thoughts were maybe her and her BF are on shakey ground, as she did seem genuinly disapointed to say no, but that could be positive thinking.

How'd I do?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Asked Girl out- Rate my play

She likes you, this is good.

She fumbled diplaying this with her last comment. Now you're gonna have to stop by a couple more times and get her to go out w/ u.

the boyfriend thing -
- say whew thought you might me married
- keep pressing, be light/funny, but aggressive
Old 07-06-2006, 11:29 PM

never hurts to ask - worst thing is they say no. and this time you built some confidence for the future, even though she said no.

as for this girl i would pretty much move on. MAYBE stop by in a couple months IF you remember, but this should be on teh VERY far back burner, if at all. so many other hot single girls out there waiting for you to talk to them instead.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:29 PM

Everything that you did was great, except for the last part where you start waxing about maybe she and her boyfriend being on shaky ground. Forget this girl, and don't even consider the possiblities of her relationship status, or why she said what she said. It's just a waste of your time.

But I totally agree with all the other things you said. You're young, get out there and fire some bullets. Guys who have balls and approach women in a direct manner score chicks and enjoy life. And, like you said, there is zero downside.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:30 PM

buying another rose was kind of cheesy, just asking her out originally / asking her when she got off work and if she'd want to meet then would've been better. but decent job in general, i wouldn't pursue it again in the immediate future though.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:34 PM

I like it man. Better to just put yourself out there rather than running back home thinking about what could have been. If only I could follow what I just typed though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I agree with SackUp though. Probably best to just move on.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:34 PM

I thought it was cheesy too, but the girl I was with convicned me that it was sweet.

As for her last comment, whatever, If I bump into her I bump into her, but as they say, there are plenty of fish in the sea, and I live in San Diego....
Old 07-06-2006, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
buying another rose was kind of cheesy, just asking her out originally / asking her when she got off work and if she'd want to meet then would've been better. but decent job in general, i wouldn't pursue it again in the immediate future though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that that whole plan about buying her a rose is lame. Flowers are basically always a winning thing with girls, but this was an exception. People don't want crap from where they work, regardless of the job. And flowers at the ask-out stage rings of desperate. But any point after it always works.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was cheesy too, but the girl I was with convicned me that it was sweet.

As for her last comment, whatever, If I bump into her I bump into her, but as they say, there are plenty of fish in the sea, and I live in San Diego....

[/ QUOTE ]

Word about San Diego. Every time I'm there (with my girlfriend) I am astounded at the number of hot chicks. Real head turning chicks. I always gotta make sure she doesn't bust me. Most of the time I'm in New England, and there are so many friggin dogs here. It is a rare event that a girl is worth taking a second look. They're either out of shape, poorly dressed, or just plain dog faced. California dreamin...
Old 07-06-2006, 11:38 PM

Like the others said, you did fine, and more importantly you got the rush of having manned up and put your nuts on the line.

We really can't rate the wistfullness of her expression from here, but if she acted bummed + made a specific point to have you come back around she's either a giant cocktease or possibly one of those types who always has to be dating a guy, while often keeping their eyes on out for an upgrade. That upgrade could be you, but as others also said chasing this one when there are so many others may not be a great investment in your time. Good Luck.