Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 10:50 AM

Default AKs - Hand Review

Limit: $2/$4
8 players

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.
<font color="blue"> BB was a 35/15/1 goon. I figured i had a good chance of being ahead of his range here so i called 2 more back to me and with the other 2 padding the pot i felt the odds were sufficient </font>

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (20SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, MP2 folds, BB calls.
<font color="blue"> Pot is huge and i have top pair top kicker so i cap hoping to force MP2 out </font>

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (15BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.
<font color="blue"> I raise here to try get a free show down with my nut flush draw if i dont fill it </font>

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (21BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

So i got lucky on the river.

comments on preflop, flop and turn please?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: AKs - Hand Review

*grunch*

PF: no problem calling a cap here, I think. AKs should be EV+ to play (if it isn't, what is??).

FLOP: you have TPTK and are very likely to have the best hand, unless MP2 or BB has JJ or 55. The 4 bets make this 5:1, so slightly too expensive for anyone on a heart flush draw. Seems like a good value bet.

TURN:
Not sure what to make of your raise/call. I think you have the odds to cap the turn after he three bets, and I don't think that you'll get a free showdown after he 3bet you. If you really want that free SD, you'll have to cap here.

RIVER: $$ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 11:16 AM

I donīt think mp2 is going anywhere whether you cap the flop or not in this gigantic pot. I think i just call the check raise 3bet. Call the turn. NH [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 11:18 AM

Why lucky? You had TPTK on the flop. The cap was alright.
Calling on the turn is good.
River good, too.
He flopped a set Jacks or something, or maybe he had AJ didnt he ?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:19 AM

Eh, riku: MP2 folded after the cap... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 11:26 AM

Result oriented much ?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:26 AM

After BB c/3bets the flop I'm going into call down mode (until we hit runner/runner that is). It looks like JJ, AA, or AJ. MP2 raised the flop too, so I'm not going to count on him folding to a cap very often here.

Also, even getting MP2 to fold doesn't buy us much equity if we're already behind to BB. I think we want MP2's money in the pot here.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:44 AM

I would turn passive after flop 3-bet. I think you are gonna get 3-bet on the turn almost always, so insted of showing down for 2, you'll have to pay 4BBs. But I think this way you are very unlikely to win without a diamond, or at leats a K.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Preflop, flop look good to me.

But when he leads the turn just call. He's shown tremendous strength and isn't slowing down. If you hit your flush on the river raise for sure, but if you don't, expect to lose (call anyway).
Old 05-10-2007, 12:26 PM

PF is good.

I lead the flop as well after BB checks, since you may be ahead and I'd hate to have MP2 check it through with KK/QQ/TT. I don't really think he would, so I guess a case could be made for checking hoping to raise his bet, but I still lead out. After BB check/3bets, I think the most obvious hands for him are AA/JJ, although if he takes weird lines post flop, you might be ahead/chopping. I'm not sure if capping the flop is the best plan, but I'd do it, especially if MP2 doesn't fold on the flop, which he probably won't since he already raised on that street.

I think I like a call better on the turn. BB's screwy flop line and leading the turn has me thinking set, although it might be weak thinking on my part.

You have the second nuts on the river, so go crazy.