Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
Patriots getting stronger? Imagine Arkansas RB Darren McFadden in a Patriots uniform and what he would bring to perhaps the best offense in NFL history. It's possible. With the 49ers at 2-8 and playing the easiest schedule among 2-8 teams, the Patriots are sitting with the No. 2 pick in next year's draft. When multiple teams have the same record, the higher pick goes to team with the easiest schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if they got that pick, would they even take McFadden? Maroney isn't the best back in the league but I don't see NE using another 1st round pick to replace him if he's healthy. Then again, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to drafts.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:08 PM

Top 5 draft pick contracts are way too high for the Patriots to consider. I see them trading down, possibly getting better value in the future than a 2008 pick.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Top 5 draft pick contracts are way too high for the Patriots to consider. I see them trading down, possibly getting better value in the future than a 2008 pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess he could trade down but the value wouldn't be there if McFadden ends up being as good as projected. If he runs like the next AP/LT and the Pats get a extra 1st and 2nd round pick..thats not going to offset losing out on that stud RB.

Maroney sucks balls.

McFadden could be better than AP. They're nuts if they don't take him. Moss may not be with the team next year...same with Stallworth. I kind of see this Pats offense as being a 1 season fluke given the perfect storm of Moss/Brady/Stallworth/Welker/Watson.