Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Razz Heads Up

You're not a bank roll nit. After running bad a while back I multitabled $6 sngs with a $7k roll for a few weeks. Played a few hundred games with 50 % ROI, so I actually made some ok money.

I just hate losing money. I am not a gambler. The other day I played $1/2 PLO and lost $350 that I had at the table. I was super sad even though that's fairly normal variance for me over a day. I will never learn to lose money in a good fashion
Old 11-08-2007, 01:06 PM

OK, I'm not AS MUCH of a bankroll nit as "some people" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] At least, not at the moment. But I've played over-rolled at 5/10 before. Anyway, I'm trying to get out of the 1/2 range so I'm moving up more aggressively than I would if I was already playing 5/10 or 10/20. I'm actually considering a shot at 2/4... my BR is back up to $1100.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to put money there with what I earned playing on PS (it is weird, I know, but it is part of my way of thinking about the game).

My basic problem is that I deposited just few euro on PS and I would like to build everything from that (avoiding to be broke). I consider it as an esperiment and a way to learn how to play in BR not going on tilt and being focus (solving with patience some limits in my approach to the game)... that's why it is so difficult to play out of BR in Razz tables which are too big for my BR now.

[/ QUOTE ]Ok, now we have a better understanding of your situation - a worthy endeavor! What I did was start in the Stud 8 tables where you can play for .60 at like .02/.04. I played it just like Razz and made a slow but steady income. Razz has an awful lot of variance to try and make it your "build my bankroll" game.

But - think about this carefully - IF you really think HU Razz is your game, not just because someone else did it, but because you think you really love it and just - "get" it - understand it instinctively - then don't stop ONLY because anyone here says so. These are smart people, taking their advice helped me tremendously - but be yourself, also.

You can play the nightly Razz freeroll on FT, a terrible game, but I cashed in it a few times. It si practice and can be lucrative. The HORSE freeroll is also worth your time.

People go broke learning poker. It's just like paying tuition to go to college. If you do and have to reload, there's no shame in that.

Good luck with all of it - stay around, post your HHs, especially those losers.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a semi-bankroll nit. I won't play any game regularly that I don't have 300bb for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that I am worse a BR nit in that I won't play a level or less I had 400BB plus the buy-in for the limit with only the money in that site counting as my BR.

After coming here a few days ago, its now 300BB for account held on site

[quote
It might be a good idea to take up some other game that PS offers, that has lower limits, and build up from there... to each his own. Personally with no bankroll I'd be grinding out bonus money if I could, but that's just me. UltimateBet is a pretty good place for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wont play UB as the traffic is very thin. FT and PS are the places to be.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:50 PM

This is true. Lots of pros mention going broke over and over and over and over. Of course, I think an awful lot of them took terrible risks and got lucky and made it, and for each of them that succeeded dozens or hundreds full by the wayside. Being the best player at a table unfortunately is not a ticket to surely winning money.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:24 PM

Go broke is usefull to learn another part of the game, but it is usefull when you already have a kind of understanding of the game... I think it is quite stupid to be broke as a fish, not trying to find the time to learn. Then, maybe, is also usefull to be broke [everything is usefull to grew up], but when you do that in a rational way. I mean that Chip Reese, for example, sit at a table which was to high for him with Brunson and Pearson, but he felt that he could beat the game. He did it and now he is Chip Reese, but if he was broke after that, he could be always Chip Reese, cause he already was a great 7CS player.
I mean: if I go broke, I will be just another fish with no patience.

Praxising, thank you for your words (as I could say, and I said, to all the other guys that gave me advice). I tried Horse freeroll on FT but I never arrived in the money group [206th and 144th]. I think I will continue to try.
I will try to use PLO (that I love) to do something for my bankroll and then I will start to be focused on 7CS and Razz, two games that I feel more than fascinating.