Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 AM

Default WPT Niagara, Last hand before the break...

This is the last hand before the second break, and the majority of the players folded and then left the table to go on break. There are only 4 players actually at the table, and its folded to a loose-aggressive, young player in the CO who raises to $300 at the 50/100 level. I reraise him to $1200 with A7sp. I did this because he was raising a lot and I thought he was just trying to pick up the last pot before the break, plus I have a tight image, and I think most of the time he will give up his mediocre hands he is raising with pretty easily.

He calls after about 10 seconds.

The flop comes T83 all spades. I have about 20k and he has me covered. I lead for $1300 and he instantly calls. The turn is the 10 of clubs. I bet again, this time $2500. He thinks for little then raises to $6000 total.

I am not quite sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: WPT Niagara, Last hand before the break...

Stacks?

And you flopped a flush i assume? I think im getting it in here (stacks would be nice lol), b/c of his flop insta call i think he has like AT, JTs etc a lot.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:15 AM

I just don't see myself folding this vs a loose-agressive player. If he is anything like me his range is so wide here, that it's not even close
Old 10-30-2007, 03:20 AM

I think you gotta call and c/c a river blank, and maybe c/f a river spade. This is a boat/flush an awful lot, unless he's bad.

If he's bad, get it in, but I'm guessing you wouldn't have posted this if you knew he was bad.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:26 AM

bet 1750 on the flop

stack off in whichever wa y you see fit

/end thread quickly
Old 10-30-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the last hand before the second break, and the majority of the players folded and then left the table to go on break. There are only 4 players actually at the table, and its folded to a loose-aggressive, young player in the CO who raises to $300 at the 50/100 level. I reraise him to $1200 with A7sp. I did this because he was raising a lot and I thought he was just trying to pick up the last pot before the break, plus I have a tight image, and I think most of the time he will give up his mediocre hands he is raising with pretty easily.

He calls after about 10 seconds.

The flop comes T83 all spades. I have about 20k and he has me covered. I lead for $1300 and he instantly calls. The turn is the 10 of clubs. I bet again, this time $2500. He thinks for little then raises to $6000 total.

I am not quite sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I go all-in.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:39 AM

if you call the turn you should always jam a river blank imo, its automatic... but i think there are too many bad river cards to call the turn, id just stick it in, i think Tx calls a lot which is IMO his most likely hand, it's so rare he has a boat here given flop action, people don't just call that flop with a set or two pair.

i also bet more on the flop.

anyway yeah the only reason to call the turn is so that you can cram the river for value, but i think a spade could kill your action and obviously the board double pairing would suck a lot. and folding is out of the question. so i like 3betting ALL IN.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet 1750 on the flop

stack off in whichever wa y you see fit

/end thread quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly, wtf
Old 10-30-2007, 06:57 AM

I would tank, call, and check the river with the intention of calling whatever he bets.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:56 AM

do you really think he is flat calling on the flop with a set or top two pair? He probably has J10s or 910s and is betting for value, you gotta reraise here for value in my opinion, or maybe flat call repping an over pair with a club so he can bet the river hard. I think you must play this hand for value all the way.