Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Poker \"Pros\" Play Good

You've probably seen it, but if you haven't, please watch it and ask yourself: "How is it I am not incredibly wealthy?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwyv2...ed&search=
Old 08-15-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Poker \"Pros\" Play Good

so basically you watched the hitler video...thought hmmm whats this...a related tab "increidble" (yes you think words spelled incorrectly) then proceeded to watch said related videos and make a new post about one of them.

well played good sir, well played [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so basically you watched the hitler video...thought hmmm whats this...a related tab "increidble" (yes you think words spelled incorrectly) then proceeded to watch said related videos and make a new post about one of them.

well played good sir, well played [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit that is true.

However, I'd say that video is post-worthy just for anyone who did not play out the scenario as you have so astutely deduced I have.

In any event, I must admit to being shocked at the utter poker incompetence of both players. I mean, there have been people gushing about Gazes around here in the past, and I didn't realize Brown was mentally retarded, so, well, uh...

So yeah--I posted it.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:52 AM

are you kidding! brown made an obvious pro move! he so knew she was supposed to have an ace there, so he made the brilliant check to avoid feeding the dreaded tournament rake.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you kidding! brown made an obvious pro move! he so knew she was supposed to have an ace there, so he made the brilliant check to avoid feeding the dreaded tournament rake.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easy to have a laugh when people play this poorly, but think about this for a second: these are people of at least minor poker celebrity who purportedly understand the game and whose names and faces are easily recognized by us, and...

THEY HAVE VERY LITTLE IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Frightening.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Frightening.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whilst I agree that most "name pros" are much worse at poker than they think/the world thinks, I bet if we took one of our worst ever played hands and analysed it we'd all look like idiots.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Frightening.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whilst I agree that most "name pros" are much worse at poker than they think/the world thinks, I bet if we took one of our worst ever played hands and analysed it we'd all look like idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but I don't think you'll see Tiger Woods MISS THE BALL anytime soon.

For that matter, I don't think you'll see freakin Jean Van de Velde do so either.

Maybe that's a little more on point.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 AM

Bah, being able to read the board is overrated. Unlimited hold them isn't about playing the cards, it's about playing the man.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Frightening.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can safely say in my entire poker life, spanning hundreds of thousands of hands, even going back to when I was a total n00b.... i've never checked behind with the nuts on the river. I have certainly played hands badly, but i can't think of one where I made such a huge, obvious and fundamental error.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:14 PM

this was the hand that made me officially sick of t.v. poker. if anyone watched the whole match, it was like bridge night with the "girls". evry hand was a discussion of i put u on this and i put u on that.......a regular "clinic". a clinic of two morons, and that hand proved it.

it really sucks that poker isnt treated more like a serious sport like the way europe treats poker and theyre sports.