Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Sbrugby on 300-600 NL.

http://www.barrygreenstein.com/tjcloutier.htm

"When TJ and I first played together, we had discussed how I had played some no-limit hold'em in Houston in the ‘70s whereas he had played in Dallas. I moved in on someone with Ace-King. The player called with a pair of Queens and I won the race.

TJ said, “I can see you learned to play in Houston. Those Houston players would come to Dallas and play that Ace-King, but they'd always end up against a pair of Aces. That's why we call that hand ‘Walking back to Houston.'”

Topset72
Old 08-14-2007, 05:13 PM

new blog

http://www.cardrunners.com/fusetalk/...&catid=156
Old 08-14-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
new blog

http://www.cardrunners.com/fusetalk/...&catid=156

[/ QUOTE ]

to be honest I think thats the case with a lot of people I play much much better when I'm taking a shot
Old 08-14-2007, 06:53 PM

Yeah, when you take a shot you are more aware of everything going on at the table, nothing is really autopilot at that point.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 PM

as mentioned b4 what do u consider a 'clear edge'? this is an interesting topic because i always thought to myself that against a poor opponent HU LHE, i could impose my will over the 'short term' a lot more than one would think. the idea that LHE can be/normally is super high variance is so constantly perpetuated that most ppl believe otherwise(not that this isn't true, but if your a lot better than your opponent, theres plenty of edges to be pushed in HU LHE poker).

all that bein said tho, id say you would really have to be quite a big favorite (implausibly so, unless you constantly play lower than your skill merits) over an opponent for this to hold true.

i kinda forget what my point was, or how this fits into the discussion.. but i guess im jsut sayin while i think wat your saying is true baron, i dont know how applicable/relevant it is
Old 08-14-2007, 08:25 PM

" am concerned that my motivation may never be what it once was. I feel like there arnt any more goals for me in poker. At 25 I have played in the biggest game that has ever run. "

There you go folks, so much for his big rebound....
Old 08-14-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brian Townsend = Yesterday's Prahlad Friedman

You can't bluff your way out of every pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

you cant luckbox yur way out of every pot. fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

Lamest FYP I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank u, its just as hard to win the best fyp as it is to win the worst.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:15 AM

so why not play in a game where it hurts?
oh wait he did and lost....
Old 08-15-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, when you take a shot you are more aware of everything going on at the table, nothing is really autopilot at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going to write that when doing this you also won't push every edge, which I know I do when taking a shot, but a much more talented player taking a shot at 600NL is much different than me taking a shot at 2kNL I'm sure.

I can't tell if that blog entry is him covering his ass for an upcoming retirement or honestly putting himself out there, I still can't decide on this guy he's very humble in a lot of ways but feels way too cocky and FOS a fair amount of the time too.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have talked to some of the best young players, who are up to 10 years my senior, and they say they dont play as well anymore because it doesnt hurt to lose. I have noticed this about myself as well. I play amazing poker when the money I lose really hurts if I didn't have it. I dont know a good way to solve this problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. No matter how well he's done for himself, he's definitely feeling a 4mil downswing, and hard. Or maybe it's the thing where you have everything you want and 'x' dollars in the bank. What's the difference between 5million or 10million?