Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: luckyjimm banned

[ QUOTE ]

In that link Mike posted, Ryan states the recourse for a ban is to e-mail the forummaster or use a gimmick to PM a mod or admin. I agree with Durron, but them's the rules: no posting while banned, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do the users know this 'rule'. If not, is there a way this rule could automatically be added to the email they receive with the reason for their ban or suspension? I can understand not letting them create another account to just continue posting but if they only have questions regarding the rule infractions and length of their suspensions I don't see a major problem. My main concern is if they are notified of this rule.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In that link Mike posted, Ryan states the recourse for a ban is to e-mail the forummaster or use a gimmick to PM a mod or admin. I agree with Durron, but them's the rules: no posting while banned, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do the users know this 'rule'. If not, is there a way this rule could automatically be added to the email they receive with the reason for their ban or suspension? I can understand not letting them create another account to just continue posting but if they only have questions regarding the rule infractions and length of their suspensions I don't see a major problem. My main concern is if they are notified of this rule.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Jim. Especially if he's only posting the one thread in ATF. If he started posting stuff anywhere else on 2+2 I agree with Ryan.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Jim. Especially if he's only posting the one thread in ATF. If he started posting stuff anywhere else on 2+2 I agree with Ryan.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did start posting stuff elsewhere.

As far as the "rule" is concerned, there are some things in life which are pretty [censored] obvious, imo. Posting while you're banned is one of those things.

On the rare occasion that a poster feels particularly aggrieved by a ban, it seems to me that he should have the nous to write to a mod of the forum involved, in the first place. The mod would tell him who banned him and that he should appeal to that mod or an admin.

On the even more rare occasion that a poster doesn't realise this route is the way to go, and he posts in ATF, his gimmick account will be banned and it will be spelled out to him what he should do, at that time.

Imo, it would be an absolute waste of our time and effort to try to get this "obvious" information to 100% of banned posters when probably less than 1% need it to be spelled out to them. Plus it probably wouldn't matter if you branded the procedure on that 1%'s [censored]; they would still post in ATF.

(By the way, another one of our foibles in the UK is that spelled can be spelled either as spelled or spelt. It is pronounced the same way. I usually use spelled.)
Old 07-07-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dibs,

lj imo provides a real resource to the forums by railing the high stakes games seemingly 24/7.

[/ QUOTE ]

total agreement.

he also has a somewhat ridiculous knowledge of who the players are on various sites, their histories, etc.

on top of that he seems like an agreeable guy almost always, so if you just said "hey jim what would you think of like, a weekly hs rail thread?" he's just stick to one thread, i would wager.

he sucks so much less than the majority of nvg posters it's funny.

lol 4am in vegasaments.