Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Boat vs nit - fold?

Almost everytime I see someone just shove when a flush hits they pretty much have a boat. The most likely holding he has here is QQ imo, mb 66, and possibly the nut flush. He has one of those 3 hands or complete air, the latter isn't likely.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Almost everytime I see someone just shove when a flush hits they pretty much have a boat. The most likely holding he has here is QQ imo, mb 66, and possibly the nut flush. He has one of those 3 hands or complete air, the latter isn't likely.

[/ QUOTE ]As I said it's def most likely QQ, it's easy to say now though, i prob would've called too. When you can objectively look at the hand without having basically the 3rd nuts, it's a lot easier to say fold. But realistically i'm not good enough at poker to listen to my true read and fold, so I prob would've stacked off too.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:51 AM

how can u even consider folding this?
as agressive as these games are today theres almost no situation where folding a fullhouse for 100bb is good poker.

if he has QQ or 66 why would he openshove if he puts on a strong hand, why not c/r a-i? i think his most likely hand here is Qhxh and he hopes u pay off with a 4.

if he had u beat (which is what i assume since u post this no-brainer call here) tough luck man, but dont question your play this is a snapcall for every good player
Old 08-20-2007, 02:02 AM

if he just plays it well and CRAI on the river, then you have no chance to get away. but since he didn't, i think you do. since he's obviously bad and uncreative.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:04 AM

he shoved because he thought our hero likely had a flush draw because he played it so strongly. I believe he was thikning if he c/r'd the hero would be able to get away from it. LIke i said a lot of donks like to shove boats when a flush hits.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:09 AM

hero will be getting like 4:1 on the river. no way he gets away from a flush...
Old 08-20-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hero will be getting like 4:1 on the river. no way he gets away from a flush...

[/ QUOTE ]If you really think a nit would c/r AI with worse than the nut flush, you need to rethink the situation.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he had u beat (which is what i assume since u post this no-brainer call here) tough luck man, but dont question your play this is a snapcall for every good player

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that is stupid.

The sign of a "good" player is being able to objectively evaluate a given situation. Hand strengths are relative to circumstances - sometimes you're willing to stack off with nut no pair and other times we laugh at the "fish" that couldn't lay down AA even when "it's so obvious AA are no good!" If you can understand that, you also should be able to understand that just because you have a big hand it doesnt' mean you have to lose everything. If your opponent played the hand so bad that he's letting you off easy, take it as a gift and fold. You don't have to go broke every time you get a big hand beat, and I believe this was one of those times. Villain played his hand absolutely terrible and gave the OP as great of a chance to get away as he possibly could. As played, this was not a cooler.

Kirk
Old 08-20-2007, 03:32 AM

my point is thats its very easy to outguess yourself in these situations. if the game is agressive (which most 10/20+ games are) and you have a 100bb stack you do good if you just dont care what the other guy has when your hand is big enough.
like for example you have 22 and the flop is 972 - you try to get your money in if the guy has a higher set, you reload. or if you have KK in a shorthanded game and someone happens to have aces, you just loose a buyin. dont try to make big hero laydowns they are not +EV.
the only exception i can see is when you played with a player a lot, know his game very well and have a really strong read (im not talking about a "this guy is running 17/12 over 500 hands" read) and apperantly this is not the case here.

also please dont insult me, i only state my opinion - if you dont agree with it, thats your choice - but im pretty sure there are people reading this who care for my advice, since im actually a big winner in these games and not some brokeass railbird posting random brainfart
Old 08-20-2007, 03:43 AM

Chaoslord,
While I agree with your comments on 100bb stacks hero started the hand with 220bb.