Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Personality and overall attractiveness

[ QUOTE ]
I don't disagree with the OP at all, except when trying to put a number on a personality, thus allowing a rating to jump all over the place. It's very difficult to discuss that on any level that isn't grossly subjective (of course, that's why its makes for such a good conversation, because it is personality concrete). Looks, on the other hand, are much more simple, and a universal way to discuss them I feel is in order.

Please take everything with a grain of salt, there's no need to get upset here. I do not feel that it is "stupid", as you say, to believe that a rating system that can just jump around randomly based on your own changing feelings and experiences with her is not a great way to asess a woman on a numberical scale.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm hardly upset but I don't have much to say to something like "personality is not a scale." You can evaluate anything and an easy way to communicate that is throwing a number on it.

On a more related note, the point of the OP was not really what value you'd place on whatever. I was just curious how much this matters to people. I used an example of thinking a girl looked like about a 6 but being attracted to her like an 8 because of some video. If you want to phrase it differently then whatever.

This thread has been an enlightening example of people being unable to discern the relevant from the irrelevant.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know a few girls who are cute but I find hot/very attractive because of their personality.

while personality doesn't affect how hott I think a chick is in a negative way, it will affect how I feel about her(as in I will admit she is hot, but I will not be attracted to her)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes hot women have such awful personalities I would rather hit them with the back of a shovel than bang them. A bad personality can inspire revulsion or just simple disinterest pretty easily. There are so many fish in the sea that looks only go so far.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:42 PM

I don't have anything import to contribute here, I'd just like to say how much I really really really want to work for college humor.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have anything import to contribute here, I'd just like to say how much I really really really want to work for college humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats more or less what I took from this thread.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:44 PM

You all are over thinking this. This girl looks better cuz this is a cool song. This also happens when you put a very hot chick with a bad song. You end up liking the song more than you would otherwise.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't think that looks like just about the coolest place in the world to work I think we have very different world views. Regardless, pick some chick who's doing something you like. If you think cutting your wrists is a good time then pretend she's doing that I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree it looks like a cool place to work but it also reminds me why dot com businesses typically fail. I guess they learned nothing from the dot com bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not why dot com businesses typically fail. It's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say why they fail. Or why I think they do.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:02 PM

That girl is a 12 yo.

I mean, she looks like she's 12.

But seriously, yeah, bonus points for personality. I don't know if it really translates to a hotness scale, though.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:06 PM

nc: well then that certainly was a strange way to go about the post I responded to.

bonds: uh, 12, wtf?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:44 PM

PS, there was one dude in that video who lucked uncannily like the kid from terminator 2.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:47 AM

I think there are alot of things that can make a girl more physically attractive. Mannerisms, facial expressions, her voice, the way she carries herself. Of course none of this matters if im not attracted to the girl at least a little in the first place.