Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 09:58 AM

Default October [censored] thread

Liked last month's, figured I would start a new one.

Near the end of Starr 5x5, week 3. It's [censored] tough as balls. Squatting after deads is so tiring it's ridiculous. Getting good results though, so I am liking it.

Keep telling myself to add light arm work at the end of my workouts and I never do. Pls to be changing.

How are you guys doing?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: October [censored] thread

Gonna do my 4th Starting Strenght session tonight.

After wednesday's session my legs felt like noodles. I had played basketball the day before, and I did 30 mins of squash after the session which might have been kinda foolish.

I was getting worried I might be to old (32) to do 3 squats a week. My quads still felt stiff yesterday so I took a break and today they feel fine. Hopefully that means I'm getting enough recovery between workouts to continue on the regular program.

I'm also keeping track of my diet using fitday.com. Man, that site rocks. I'm averaging around 38/31/31 for protein/carbs/fat, and about 2400 cals. a day (all pretty clean).
Old 10-06-2007, 12:41 AM

My hands are developing calluses. That's expected, but is there something I should be doing so I can avoid bloody hands and open sores?
Old 10-06-2007, 03:29 AM

BK,

with the "stuff" that i do in the gym i get some unreal calluses and hands that rip up, but i found a pretty good solution: use bag balm or something equivalent at night on your hands and file down your calluses. use one of those files that is made for rough feet and it almost eliminates any chance they will split/break/bleed. gl gl. J.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gonna do my 4th Starting Strenght session tonight.

After wednesday's session my legs felt like noodles. I had played basketball the day before, and I did 30 mins of squash after the session which might have been kinda foolish.

I was getting worried I might be to old (32) to do 3 squats a week. My quads still felt stiff yesterday so I took a break and today they feel fine. Hopefully that means I'm getting enough recovery between workouts to continue on the regular program.

I'm also keeping track of my diet using fitday.com. Man, that site rocks. I'm averaging around 38/31/31 for protein/carbs/fat, and about 2400 cals. a day (all pretty clean).

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts.

great work.
not foolish, but smart to do something after squatting.
you aren't too old.
yes that site rocks.
your diet is great, nice work, keep it up.

later. J.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:53 AM

Beat: Sprained ankle 3-4 weeks ago and hardly could walk. One week later I hurt my left shoulder while training. Byebye training for a week. Then I couldn't train legs or triceps, biceps, back or shoulder(ldo) so I quit strength training for a while and sat on the bicycle at home for 40 mins a day. This week I felt ok and started training and on thursday I felt really sick and it comes and goes from time to time now!
[x] The ground is harder than it seams when you jump off a double construction pipe looking thing!
[x] Training under time pressure makes you hurt yourself
[x] First time in about one to two years I've acutally felt sick!

There ain't no [tsentsure] brag here!
Old 10-06-2007, 03:19 PM

I love tricking so much. The problem is a lot of the kicks require some insane flexibility to look good, and I don't have that. So I've been doing a heller lot of stretching, hopefully I can do the splits in 6 months or so.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:27 PM

DEXY,

YES!!!! People, stretch more. TRUST ME. Your goals? doesn't matter, stretch more. You already stretch? doesn't matter, stretch more. TRUST ME.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DEXY,

YES!!!! People, stretch more. TRUST ME. Your goals? doesn't matter, stretch more. You already stretch? doesn't matter, stretch more. TRUST ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

<3 <3
Old 10-06-2007, 08:52 PM

Does leg day ever get any easier? I feel fairly incapacitated right now, and I think tomorrow is going to be worse.