Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Heroes Bitching Thread, 10/15/2007

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I found last episode promising. This will be exciting.

I don't think it's likely that kenzei is still around and unaged, at least not if he has exactly the same power as Claire. It's not a good idea in TV shows to have main characters that aren't supposed to age, as long as the actors do.

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked fine for Buffy/Angel even though the actors visibly aged. This requires a very, very minor level of suspension of disbelief. Also, in Claire's case, they got someone of the right age to play her when usually they get people in their mid-twenties to play highschoolers. She's got a solid decade of being high school aged in her. I would even say that the fact that they got someone so young to play Claire makes the nonaging thing more likely.

[/ QUOTE ] The Bennetts got Claire when she was a baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

So? The power didn't manifest until recently...
Old 10-16-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The regeneration thing is kinda lame. She says she can still feel pain just like everyone else, but every time she gets hurt she is just acting like its a mild inconveniance.

[/ QUOTE ]

She may not realize how bad real pain feels?

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying she feels pain, but it is much duller for her? I could have sworn in one episode she says she feels pain like everyone else, but I don't see how that can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

She did, but how the hell does she know what things feel like to everyone else?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:47 PM

Alex, you said yourself that her power just manifested thus she should have been able to tell the difference between normal pain from when she was young and her current pain.

This is me being super nitty though, and I'm able to overlook such things in a show like this.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:51 PM

Yeah, that's true. It's certainly far more likely that the writers are just retarded. I'm just giving them some random outs. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It's also possible that she meant that she does feel pain, just like everyone feels pain, and omitted that it's not as bad. Also possible that it's been a long time since she felt the worse form of pain and she doesn't remember it that well. Hell, maybe she never got hurt. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 11:54 PM

Isn't it somewhat logical, at least in the realm of comic books/'Heroes' that Sylar will kill the twins and take BOTH their powers in order to be able to use both, i.e. use the deathly tears and be able to heal them?

This would set up another huge showdown, especially if Peter gets to meet the twins before they get offed and is able to counter Sylar with both powers.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The regeneration thing is kinda lame. She says she can still feel pain just like everyone else, but every time she gets hurt she is just acting like its a mild inconveniance.

[/ QUOTE ]

She may not realize how bad real pain feels?

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying she feels pain, but it is much duller for her? I could have sworn in one episode she says she feels pain like everyone else, but I don't see how that can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

She did, but how the hell does she know what things feel like to everyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well she pops bones back into place, scalds and burns herself - I'm pretty sure she realizes most people would be screaming in agony/passed out if they were in her stead.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's likely that kenzei is still around and unaged, at least not if he has exactly the same power as Claire. It's not a good idea in TV shows to have main characters that aren't supposed to age, as long as the actors do.

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked fine for Buffy/Angel even though the actors visibly aged. This requires a very, very minor level of suspension of disbelief. Also, in Claire's case, they got someone of the right age to play her when usually they get people in their mid-twenties to play highschoolers. She's got a solid decade of being high school aged in her. I would even say that the fact that they got someone so young to play Claire makes the nonaging thing more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They found her after her mom(the fire lady) thought she lost claire when their home burned down. Or something like that.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They found her after her mom(the fire lady) thought she lost claire when their home burned down. Or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, true. Although it's possible that it was just a coincidence and the power didn't manifest. It's also possible that she ages to "adulthood" before she stops aging. It's also possible that Kensei's power isn't quite the same. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the threads here but did anyone notice that the assassin who killed Nakamura was sliding their hand along the wall when they came out onto the roof, as if they might be blind?

[/ QUOTE ] Nakamura could not possibly be so stupid that he would talk to a blind man that came to kill him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Illusion girl couldn't possibly be so stupid as to place her real body within reach of Sylar, let alone in exactly the spot where her fake body is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, someone posted that the producers already admitted that Candice is dead. So yes, she is/was that stupid. Then again, maybe it's not that hard to swallow. Her character has shown extremely arrogant tendencies. Besides that, she knows he has no powers and is still recovering from serious wounds. It's really not a stretch at all, the more I think about it.

fwiw, I'm in the "best episode of the season" camp. It had no Hiro, and despite the new annoying character, there were actually some exciting things. There was no such excitement in any previous episode this season.

Sylar meeting up with the twins was cool. The possibility that all the Heros are linked through common ancestry is cool. Nightmare man is cool. The return of the Haitian is cool.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

Ep sucked as usual, plus Claire was looking kinda chunky.

[/ QUOTE ]

She has a moon face and it's pretty obvious she's going to weigh about 185 in a couple years.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I have always thought her hotness to be overrated. She's hot, but not super hot.