Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: PGA Championship Thread

[ QUOTE ]
ET,

Your Tiger Woods hatred is unhealthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

MY Tiger Woods hatred? I don't hate, baby, I just call it like I see it. I acknowledge his consummate skill and all that, so where's the problem?

if you want haters, just look for the esads, Bitchos and Clarkmeisters of the forum who are all members of that anti-Phil crowd.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:21 PM

I know haters hate but how can you not enjoy watching greatness. It will be a very long time before someone like Tiger comes along again. We are lucky just to be able to watch Tiger play.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
which reminds me of another of the gayest things I've seen on televised golf: the way Tiger "runs after the putt and does a delicate little point" to the hole after he makes that bird in the playoff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which, by the way, came after he made the putt. He didn't point until it went in the hole. Hell, I could do that.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did start to like the AMEX rocker girl a bit tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may be the first thing we've ever agreed on, Bill. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

however, the other Amex commercial with Shaun White. that is [censored] awful. Man Utah's STILL gettin' dumped on. Word is, this is just the tip of the storm, Canada's getting POUNDED.

What're you doing here, eh?? I hear there's a HUGE storm in Japan!

[chinawoman speaking chinatalk] Norway???

Yo there's a huge storm in Italy.

[surf's up in maui c u tmrw]

worst [censored] ever.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
which reminds me of another of the gayest things I've seen on televised golf: the way Tiger "runs after the putt and does a delicate little point" to the hole after he makes that bird in the playoff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which, by the way, came after he made the putt. He didn't point until it went in the hole. Hell, I could do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah, everybody says [censored] like "HE BEAT THAT PUTT INTO THE CUP!" no, he waited until the putt had traveled 98% of the way and then did his queer little gallop toward it.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know haters hate but how can you not enjoy watching greatness. It will be a very long time before someone like Tiger comes along again. We are lucky just to be able to watch Tiger play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, Tad Fujikawa says hello.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested to know why Elin and Sam were in the scorer's hut, a location off-limits to everybody except players, caddies and officials.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

Were they actually in the hut, or a lounge right next to it? It was confusing as they cut from them right to Tiger signing his card.

Taking a baby/small child in the hut would be one thing (and I think I may have seen it once or twice), but I think everyone would be screaming bloody murder over a wife in there, Tiger or no Tiger.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:34 PM

uh, Tiger strutting after the putt and pointing at it is probably my favorite thing I've ever seen on the golf course.

I absolutely love it every time I see it.

I too am the guy that watches all of Tiger's run away victories with unabashed devotion. I don't know why, but I love seeing him demolish fields and realish seeing every shot.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tuq, we agree on pretty much everything golf-related, but come on.. how can you not like Jim Nantz's corniness?

Dan Hicks is just a poor man's Jim Nantz. he doesn't even have an awesome opening slogan like "Hello, friends."

[/ QUOTE ]
Ugh, it's not like I HATE Nantz, he's just all over the broadcast, too much IMO. CBS has the Masters and the PGA and for those two they trot out the heavy artillery - hole announcers for 14-17, three on-course guys, and Faldo and Nantz on 18. This includes dusting off Bill Macatee, who probably mops the floors of CBS Corporate the other 50 weeks of the year, and the unstoppably awesome Verne Lundquist. Yet Nantz sees fit to inject his take on things all the time. Yeah, I know he was Fred Coupleseses roommate in college, but the guys he's stealing time from are all ex tour players, some with serious credentials (Lundquist isn't but he's impossibly awesome and he could read the Torah at half speed and I'd still listen).

All that said, I don't mind him stealing airtime from McCord since he's gay.

Hicks on the other hand just hosts and gets the [censored] out of the way for Johnny and the rest of the crew.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, McCord is lame as hell. I actually used to not mind him at one point, but that was a long time ago. I hope I'm not alone in thinking that Oosterhuis and Feherty are the absolute two best broadcasters they have (well, Faldo now too.)

edit: forgot to mention your lol description of Bill Macatee's role with CBS. it's so true, he gets a few bench minutes in some bigger tournaments. but sometimes he actually anchors the coverage for some of the lesser events.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did start to like the AMEX rocker girl a bit tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may be the first thing we've ever agreed on, Bill. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

however, the other Amex commercial with Shaun White. that is [censored] awful. Man Utah's STILL gettin' dumped on. Word is, this is just the tip of the storm, Canada's getting POUNDED.

What're you doing here, eh?? I hear there's a HUGE storm in Japan!

[chinawoman speaking chinatalk] Norway???

Yo there's a huge storm in Italy.

[surf's up in maui c u tmrw]

worst [censored] ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Between that commercial & the recent Rolling Stone article, Shaun White is starting to bug me. But he stills seems grounded enough underneath it all that I'm letting him slide for awhile more yet. And hell, you can hardly blame the kid, right? I can't begin to imagine what a horrendous tool I'd've been at that age w/any fame or money.

But Nantz finally pushed me too far this weekend. I realize I'm pretty late to that party, but I finally got there.