Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Insane HH from Niagara 10k involving THE Vanessa Rousso (and Shani

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw preflop is really bad, and i love how ppl use "its deepstacked" as an excuse to play horribly bad preflop poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad someone else said it first. I always see these posts and think to myself "really?" But then again, I never flop straights, so maybe its just me. In my life, when I try this move some nit sitting behind me reraises to 1200 PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's, like, the fourth hand of the day...no one's re-raising to 1200, and if they do, who cares? His preflop splash might be "bad," but it's almost never disastrous.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop bet is horribly small

[/ QUOTE ]

what's wrong w/ leading T400 into a T500 pot?
I probably do the same.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Insane HH from Niagara 10k involving THE Vanessa Rousso (and Shaniac)

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is cdbr3799, talented mtt player and pocketfives allstar.

Use your own reads for the two main villains in the hand, Shaniac and Vanessa Rousso.

I am reposting this from the p5's thread that SCTrojans made.

25-50 blinds
effective stacks all 20k

cdbr3799 raises UTG+1 with 4h7h to 150
UTG+2 calls
UTG+3 calls
Cutoff calls (shaniac)
SB calls (vanessa rousso)

flop 8s 6s 5d

SB checks
CDBR3799 bets 400
UTG+2 folds
UTG+3 calls 400
Cutoff (shaniac) raises to 1800
SB (vanessa) raises to 4200

WTF do you do if you are CDBR3799?

There are no real reads on players other than what you already know about Shaniac/Vanessa - this hand is about 7 minutes into the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sick spot. I guess like others have said if I continue with the hand, I probably shove and hope someone thinks I can't get away from overpair. I am trying to put myself in the situation to realistically make a judgment of whether I fold or not. Honestly, I don't think I could get away from this hand which means I probably shove, which as I type it seems a little ridiculous given I am putting almost 20k to win 6k.

I may get flamed for this, but I might consider calling and seeing the action behind me/turn action. Problem with calling: sets and combo draws (As7s) are part of the mix here = lots of bad turn cards. If a spade hits or board pairs I am hurting, especially if Shane or UTG+3 call behind me. But if I call and the turn is safe, I continue with the hand.

Least attractive to me right now is RRing w/o shoving; any reraise that does not at least price in Venessa commits you to the pot and if someone shoves behind you are calling anyway. If I really knew Venessa's and Shane's game well (I don't) I might consider RRing w/o shoving as their subsequent actions might be easier to interpret. Otherwise I am committing myself to a hand in which I don't know what my opponents have.

I could fold. But IRL I don't think I would.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw preflop is really bad, and i love how ppl use "its deepstacked" as an excuse to play horribly bad preflop poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad someone else said it first. I always see these posts and think to myself "really?" But then again, I never flop straights, so maybe its just me. In my life, when I try this move some nit sitting behind me reraises to 1200 PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's, like, the fourth hand of the day...no one's re-raising to 1200, and if they do, who cares? His preflop splash might be "bad," but it's almost never disastrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane,

I wasn't implying it was disastrous. I was acknowledging that I think its a bleed. Why can't he limp here?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand why raising here is so bad? i'd raise here every time, especially in a live tourney since it's so boring. is it because we are really really deep? would you raise 74s here with 100-200 bbs? what sc's would you raise in this spot 400bbs deep?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:42 PM

I wouldn't fold... why the hell cant vanessa have a set? Or the same hand as us? I don't understand, she's not going to reraise with 88, 66 or even 55 or who knows what else, I've seen her hand against Clonie on TV! Also I don't see her folding at least some of these hands if we reraise.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand why raising here is so bad? i'd raise here every time, especially in a live tourney since it's so boring. is it because we are really really deep? would you raise 74s here with 100-200 bbs? what sc's would you raise in this spot 400bbs deep?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't we UTG with 8 players left to act behind us and in a bad position postflop (especially since its deepstacked so we can expect a lot of calls that have position against us).
Old 10-29-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
flop bet is horribly small

[/ QUOTE ]

what's wrong w/ leading T400 into a T500 pot?
I probably do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot is about 800.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Insane HH from Niagara 10k involving THE Vanessa Rousso (and Shaniac)

I am UG+1, my hand is disguised so well because raised PF, and hit 2nd nuts on this board w/ 2 flush cards out, if the action is back to me, it will be a push to make sure sets, flush draws pay to catch, and that a scare card on turn does not kill the action.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't we UTG with 8 players left to act behind us and in a bad position postflop (especially since its deepstacked so we can expect a lot of calls that have position against us).

[/ QUOTE ]

why is being called so bad? if u get multiple callers and flop nothing or just a weak pair you can just check/fold.

and since it's live there are probably a few people at the table who stink and you wanna play pots with them, out of position or not.