Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 09:11 PM

Default $5 Stars 5card Bad push hand ?

Is this stupid to push everyone on this hand?

I figured, and these guys were playing loose at this point all having lost chips recently. TO me, with the feel of the table, and the possible side pots I figured Aces up was good no?

Tournament: Pot Limit 5 Card Draw (25/50) (converter)

SB (2075), Seat 2
BB (575), Seat 3
UTG (370), Seat 4
Hero (2070), Seat 5
CO (2980), Seat 6
Button (930), Seat 1

SB posts 25. BB posts 50.

Hero is MP with [Qd Ac Qh 3d Ah]

Round 1: (75)

<font color="green">UTG calls. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font><font color="green">CO calls. </font>

<font color="red">Button raises 150 to 200. </font>
<font color="#666666">SB folds. </font><font color="green">BB calls. </font>
<font color="green">UTG calls. </font>

<font color="red">Hero raises 905 to 1105. </font><font color="#666666">CO folds. </font>
<font color="green">Button calls 725 (all-in). </font><font color="green">BB calls 370 (all-in). </font><font color="green">UTG calls 165 (all-in). </font>

BB takes 3.
UTG takes 1.
Hero discards 3d.
Button takes 2.

Hero has [Qd Ac Qh Ah 2s]

Round 2: (3040)

No action.

Pot: (3040)
<font color="white">
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2890 Main pot 1565. Side pot-1 615. Side pot-2 710. | Rake 0
Seat 1: BabyGirl1965 (button) showed [Jd Qc Js Kd 3h] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 2: gybbie (small blind) folded before the Draw
Seat 3: Mike_SLA (big blind) showed [As Tc Kc 3c Ts] and lost with a pair of Tens
Seat 4: ognib6 showed [6h 7s 8d 8c 9d] and lost with a pair of Eights
Seat 5: Jameson JC showed [Qd Ac Qh 2s Ah] and won (2890) with two pair, Aces and Queens
Seat 6: auntlo folded before the Draw </font>
Old 02-07-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: $5 Stars 5card Bad push hand ?

Don't post results !!!!!

I prefer to open 2 pair hands with a raise in an unraised pot. By limping in you get a multiway pot with lots of people left to outdraw you.

Button is showing real strength when he bets into 3 others. I might lay it down right there. I don't like re-raising here as I might have several players pot comitted.

So since I'm getting good odds I'll call him, but I'm not going AI UI.

*reading results*
oops, hopeless, can't ID anyone from that.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:46 PM

Yesterday I won some big multiway pots with Aces up and Kings up and made the final table. Today my trips got drawn out on and I didn't make it to the first break [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

That said, I do not like the limp-reraise play here-I prefer a hand stronger than two pair for the limp-reraise. By just limping, the button's raise can come from a wide range of hands. He could have low 2 pair or even one pair (like the JJ the player actually held) and is just trying to win the dead money immediately. If you raise and he re-raises, then you have a much better sense that the button is serious and you can act accordingly. It will still be a tough decision, as a fold/call/push could all be the best play depending upon the villain's betting patterns.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:28 PM

Limp reraising here is pretty horrible, just raise after the limper. I think you're way behind to trips a lot of the time, and bb/utg aren't folding, so even when you're ahead, your equity's only so good.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:32 PM

If your limp-RR misses, then you've got bad implied odds for postdraw, because you have drawn 1 without raising. I strongly prefer jamming this predraw. It will look exactly like you have 2 pairs - but they dont know its the nut. That way poor 2pr hands will pay you.

You'll also be able to define a predraw hand if they come overtop your raise. THEN perhaps you could consider folding AAQQ. But if villain is only making the first raise, then he could have 1pr, 2pr, trips, ??? who knows...

That being said, i think i continue with AAQQ here. And being OOP, you are probably best shoving. Either way, if they got trips you are getting stacked, yet they might fold a 1pr hand postdraw, so if you play the hand, you need to stack em all ASAP