Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 06:37 AM

Default AKovsButton

Villian is tricky , but a bit loose preflop (35VPIP and only16PFR). He plays good and aggressiv postflop and raises also with all kind of Draws. When checkd to, he is able to bluff

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
Hero ?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Re: AKovsButton

Against a pretty tricky opponent, I wanna see a showdown here... I think ch/call ch/call (maybe fold to a K, J, or T river)
Old 09-24-2007, 07:40 AM

Unless you think he'll always bet A-hi I think you should bet the turn. Imo it's pretty likely that villain will check behind with worse aces that he'll call a bet with.

If he raises the turn, you have to make a tougher decision but on average you're probably losing value and risking giving a free card to a 6-outer by checking the turn. An Ace will call you down.

If he calls and the river bricks then I'm not sure what to do. Probably bet again for value.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:53 AM

Checking will have you value owned by a good player. He is peeling his entire range on the flop and he is checking behidn all his 6 outers. If he bets you are dead.

This is a standard bet/call down for me vs good players and c/c c/c vs idiots.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:56 AM

I guess Ive been playing too many bad LAGs, I see people betting JT, KJ, and random stuff all the time when I check the turn here.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:04 AM

You get raised by good players on the turn here all the time. Either they should raise or fold, possibly call down with a decent ace.

With AK one's in a bad spot responding to a frequent raise and that only leaves one with the choice to call down UI from turn when that happens, I guess.

I've also seen many aggro players 3-bet the turn OOP with AK high as a response to a raise for free showdown, and they always spike a K on the river it seems.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've also seen many aggro players 3-bet the turn OOP with AK high as a response to a raise for free showdown, and they always spike a K on the river it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please don't do this unless you hate money.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:25 AM

3-bet the turns with draws that can't win UI to combat frequent FSD raises (but don't do this too much). But an opponent like this probably isn't making a FSD raise. a turn raise usually is a pair or a semi-bluff.

I think you need to b/c, and probably c/c the river UI. The board is too draw heavy to fold, but you can't just give out free cards or allow the villain to play perfectly.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:59 PM

I think you should bet about 70% of the time and check-call 30% of the time.