Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: 75/150 H.O.E. Foxwoods

Your 20/40 hand makes me think that he might even find a river fold here even after you checked the turn. This works better in a smaller pot w/o the history.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:00 PM

i thought of this jeff on the flop.. there is a possibility he is reading my 3-bet as weakness compared to strength.. he knows I know that Brian is very aggro.. and playing this hand squeezed between these two aggro players is less than optimal.

i was 100% sure i had the best hand, and i knew UTG was not calling 2 cold unless he did in fact have a better hand.. and then i can go ahead and just release my hand on the turn if i feel i am not ahead of his range here.

i suppose a turn bet would have been correct, but on the other hand with my read for his hand being relatively weak, i thought he may go ahead and look me up.. b/c there is an element of metagame in this hand.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your 20/40 hand makes me think that he might even find a river fold here even after you checked the turn. This works better in a smaller pot w/o the history.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not entirely true considering he is very capable of thinking beyond the first level

i thought he may go to the 3rd level and in fact look me up in a thin spot
Old 03-06-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not entirely true considering he is very capable of thinking beyond the first level

i thought he may go to the 3rd level and in fact look me up in a thin spot

[/ QUOTE ]

It was said earlier. Stop thinking and bet.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:28 PM

i cant see why u dont bet the turn, and i dont see how he doesnt call when ur repping the flush draw, still think 99 was good.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
count me in on the "bet the turn" bandwagon.

ps: is joe the jeweler like a 40ish greek guy? super nice/friendly?

[/ QUOTE ]

His last name isn't greek. He's pretty tall, quite gregarious and usually needs a shave. I don't think that he's 40 yet. He's a very good thinking semi-lag. He used to be a LAG but he's toned it down a bit over the last year or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

toned it down??? u must not have played with him lately, hes 32 and lebanese and a fat f-er.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 PM

you are 27 think you are black and a skinny fu..
Old 03-06-2007, 10:59 PM

I believe that you have missed significant value on the turn here. Why in the world would you check the best hand on the turn here? I know the game is potentially tricky, but you are giving him too much opportunity to draw for free. I really believe your best opp for more bets to be earned are on the turn here... not the river.

If you believe otherwise... what range did you put him on?

I can't think of a range here where a flush draw doesn't make a significant portion of his holdings here, that you could ever justify not betting the turn.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:41 AM

I can't think of a single reason why you should not bet the turn. Deception wise, value wise, metagame wise, whatever. Real horrible check.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:02 PM

It's true that checking the turn will make an opponent more likely to call you on the river.But you will gain a bet only if he would have folded to a bet on the turn & then calls a bet on the river.

This small advantage is more than offset by the disadvantages already mentioned by other posters,mainly(1)He may pay off both a turn & a river bet,&(2)you don't want to give him a free draw.