Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 05:39 AM

Default stars 30/60 hi/lo did i take the right line?

HongHeps and I had been playing HU for a while and he had been playing really aggressively.. definitly overplaying several of his hands but not getting too out of line.. Then a few others filled into the game and this is about 20 hands into others joining.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

Seat 4: $889
Hero: $1,834
Seat 7: $1,125
Seat 8: $1,528

3rd Street - (0.67 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.67 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.33 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (6.33 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.33 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___calls___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets___folds

Total pot: (12.33 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $740 | Rake $2
</font>
Old 08-05-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Re: stars 30/60 hi/lo did i take the right line?

HongHeps is seat 4 or 7 in this hand? As long as whoever is in seat 4 is the type of player to steal light then reraising third is good. If they are going to actually have a 3 card hand of some sort every time (obviously most people in this game do not fit this description) I prefer to just call.

After that everything looks real basic as there is no way you can raise 5th or 6th against seat 7's board even with seat 4 drawing much worse than you probably. The fact that seat 7 somehow folded the river here is just standard running bad where it seems like it should be physically impossible to have a hand he can fold here. I understand you are raising against a scary board blah blah blah but nobody ever folds in this game on the river in a big pot when they have anything.

BTW I would also not play HongHeps HU but I am an awful player that should probably never sit in any kind of poker game ever again.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HongHeps is seat 4 or 7 in this hand? As long as whoever is in seat 4 is the type of player to steal light then reraising third is good. If they are going to actually have a 3 card hand of some sort every time (obviously most people in this game do not fit this description) I prefer to just call.

After that everything looks real basic as there is no way you can raise 5th or 6th against seat 7's board even with seat 4 drawing much worse than you probably. The fact that seat 7 somehow folded the river here is just standard running bad where it seems like it should be physically impossible to have a hand he can fold here. I understand you are raising against a scary board blah blah blah but nobody ever folds in this game on the river in a big pot when they have anything.

BTW I would also not play HongHeps HU but I am an awful player that should probably never sit in any kind of poker game ever again.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah to say the least i was absolutely shocked i didnt get at least one overcall on the river but i think my line on 7th is correct b/c I dont think i get two calls if i just make a standard value bet on the river.

yes, hong plays very well but it seemed like he was steaming b/c i took 34BB's off of him playing HU. he's playing 100/200 right now actually im debating on playing him some more at 30/60.. im sitting out right now, and i see hes winning at the 100/200 so maybe i shouldnt b/che probably has his confidence back
Old 08-05-2007, 10:10 AM

If he's steaming against you, definitely isolate him on third.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:51 PM

looks good to me
Old 08-05-2007, 03:02 PM

Can't see anything I'd do differently.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:43 PM

I think I raise 6th there nearly every time given the situation - and re-raise 3rd a portion of the time.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I raise 6th there nearly every time given the situation - and re-raise 3rd a portion of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the basis for raising 6th? I know Seat 7 is the BI but he did call the completion and then bet 5th and 6th with a damn scary board. Are you counting on him just betting his board and hoping you can get a free showdown in case you don't improve on the river?