Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 05:13 PM

Default 10,000

ok, i wanted to make sure 10k was an important post.

i have been working very close with Mat, and there are some changes we will be making.

1. status of the ZOO:

the zoo has become nothing but a bash forum. with the addition of the affil and bonus forum, the zoo is also a redundant forum. therefore, we will be eliminating it (look for other forum eliminations in the coming days as we try to consolidate to a more manageable list of sub-forums).

in order for the deletion of the zoo to be complete, we must purge the records in the back-end. therefore, i will give everyone a day to copy any posts they want to save as unfortunately they can't be archived owing to the deletion procedure.

i appreciate your cooperation in this. it is unfortunate, but i am not happy with the quality of the post contents here lately.

ZOO moderators..

effective tomorrow, mike haven will become the moderator of OOT. Jim kuhn will be running the new Religion Forum i am starting to take the zoo's slot. we have had many requests for this, and i am certain jim is the perfect choice in mods for this new forum. i hope all check in daily, as i will be running a "spiritual post of the day" contest, and awarding coffee mugs to the best posts.

Other changes:

I need to inform all of new 2p2 privacy policy...

if i determine that there is a need, i reserve the right to check outgoing and incoming PM's for ALL posters and moderators. i will try and be minimally invasive in this. however, due to poor attitudes and rampant bashing, i have decided i need to find out the source of these poor attitudes, and expunge all violators.

that's it for now (more changes coming soon). thanks again for your cooperation.

finally, if you want to complain about all of this, complain to ME. Mat, Ed and Mason will not help you. My word is final.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Re: 10,000

Damn it!!! This is all going to suck! I love the zoo!
~Justin
Old 04-01-2006, 05:16 PM

Oh no! They're getting rid of the zoo??? At least you're waiting until April 2 to do the deed...doing it on April 1 would be waaaay too soon.

Thanks for the HU (and congrats on 10k).

J

PS - will there be a Internet Gambling is rigged forum opening for all the kooks?
Old 04-01-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hope all check in daily, as i will be running a "spiritual post of the day" contest, and awarding coffee mugs to the best posts.

[/ QUOTE ] For the sake of inclusiveness, I suggest Postem cups for Mormons and others to whom the spiritual joy of caffiene is forbidden.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:39 PM

April 1st jokes finished at midday and regrettably this is not a joke. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Granny is serious, but activity in the Mods' Forum is frenetic as I write, and we are currently lobbying S&M to reverse Granny's decisions and what we feel is an obvious abuse of power.

Apparently some of the above posts have annoyed Granny, and now we are being told that to prove a point all of January's posts will be deleted in exactly one hour as a demonstration of what is about to follow.

I don't come off too badly, but Jim is very upset.

We'll get back to you as soon as we hear more.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:46 PM

meh. not like we ever have that much important to say over here anyway.

I've already vented about this 'over there' and remain less-than-thrilled that Granny would go behind the zoo-mods' backs on an issue as important as this. But I actually do agree with the reasoning behind it so whatever.

congrats on 10k posts anyway you old hag!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 05:49 PM

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire.

Old 04-01-2006, 05:56 PM

Sadly I thought this was an April Fool's joke too, until I went to the mod board, unfortunately most of this stuff is very close to comeing to fruition.
~Justin
Old 04-01-2006, 06:00 PM

congrats on 10K
Old 04-01-2006, 06:05 PM

Thanks for your show of support, Jurollo.

And, on a personal note, I'm sorry to hear what Granny has suggested for you. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I don't think you deserve it for the small mistake you made, which in fact I thought was excusable after after that thread about you in OOT.
Closed Thread