Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Dipset? (for rap fans)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dipset's jargon is the best.

"YOU MAD DOGGY, YOU MAD" IIRC is a quote from Cam'ron in an interview with Bill O'Reilly.

Scooby Snacks is clearly not a Dipset original.

[/ QUOTE ]
loading slowly, but this should be priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty funny.

YOU DONE FOR THE NIGHT!

scrub
Old 03-15-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it's pretty easy for their stuff to descend into self-parody,

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!

I was kind of worried that I'd get flamed for my love for the dip set dip set dip set dip JUELZ!

However, I have a theory as to why The Diplomats are geniuses.

THEORY AS TO WHY DIPSET IS GENIUS

PierceandPierce is now going to tell you what's really good.

Let's compare The Diplomats to G-Unit. G-Unit, those honchos take themselves way too seriously. See, they're considered by some to be "studio gangsters," yet they take themselves extremely seriously (bulletproof vests, bodyguards, etc etc). BUT. DO YOU EVER SEE JUELZ IN THE HOOD WITH TEFLON? LAST WEEK I SAW JUELZ AT THE WAFFLE HOUSE, AND HE WASN'T WEARING NO TEFLON. NO [censored]!

Back to G-Unit versus Dipset. One has to give Dipset credit for how perceptive they are, as they seem to have come to terms with the fact that the state of hip-hop today, is pretty much about "That TRL Music" (reaching out to 13 year old white girls who have access to Daddie's money), and rich suburban White kids, who in order to escape their comfortable, yet bland and emo like existence as members of the middle and upper-middle class, live vicariously through the exploits and feats of ghetto heroes such as... JUELZ!! And of course the African-American youth are also in need of hero figures outside of Will Smith, Robery Horry - I mean, Will Smith, Nick Cannon, and Will Smith. Thus paving the arrival of DIP SET to save our nation's youth.

So, Dipset recognizes that fact. So they exploit that. How? By... DESCENDING INTO SELF-PARODY! They don't have to be gangsta. They are so gangsta that they can make fun of the whole concept of "gangsta;" while G-unit still strives to maintain a certain degree of authenticity, Dipset just lets it hang.

In reality, they are ignorant, but perceptive intellectuals. Their music is a satire of the first calibre of the capitalistic decadence created by post-modern consumerist culture. Except their vision is so avant-garde that very few members of society catch onto their scathing critique of capitalism and the state of the music industry today.

So when Cam'ron, who actually graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Kennedy School at Hahvahd (no [censored]!), tells people that Dipset "is the only movement moving" he's really refering to a movement aimed at creating a new paradigm through which one can view popular culture today from a more nuanced perspective.

So in the year 2008, when Cam'ron is elected President, Juelz is Vice President, Jim Jones is the Secretary of Defence, just remember that you read it here first.

No [censored].
Old 03-15-2006, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dipset's jargon is the best.

"YOU MAD DOGGY, YOU MAD" IIRC is a quote from Cam'ron in an interview with Bill O'Reilly.

Scooby Snacks is clearly not a Dipset original.

[/ QUOTE ]
loading slowly, but this should be priceless

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty funny.

YOU DONE FOR THE NIGHT!

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, if Cam'ron and Dame were a little more eloquent, they toally could've pwned O'Reilly. The principal seemed reasonable enough, and did praise Cam and Dame for some of the positive things they do.

O'Reilly really didn't have any facts and only pre-conceived notions of who Cam was and what "hip hop" is.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it's pretty easy for their stuff to descend into self-parody,

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!

I was kind of worried that I'd get flamed for my love for the dip set dip set dip set dip JUELZ!

However, I have a theory as to why The Diplomats are geniuses.

THEORY AS TO WHY DIPSET IS GENIUS

PierceandPierce is now going to tell you what's really good.

Let's compare The Diplomats to G-Unit. G-Unit, those honchos take themselves way too seriously. See, they're considered by some to be "studio gangsters," yet they take themselves extremely seriously (bulletproof vests, bodyguards, etc etc). BUT. DO YOU EVER SEE JUELZ IN THE HOOD WITH TEFLON? LAST WEEK I SAW JUELZ AT THE WAFFLE HOUSE, AND HE WASN'T WEARING NO TEFLON. NO [censored]!

Back to G-Unit versus Dipset. One has to give Dipset credit for how perceptive they are, as they seem to have come to terms with the fact that the state of hip-hop today, is pretty much about "That TRL Music" (reaching out to 13 year old white girls who have access to Daddie's money), and rich suburban White kids, who in order to escape their comfortable, yet bland and emo like existence as members of the middle and upper-middle class, live vicariously through the exploits and feats of ghetto heroes such as... JUELZ!! And of course the African-American youth are also in need of hero figures outside of Will Smith, Will Smith, and Will Smith. Thus paving the arrival of DIP SET to save our nation's youth.

So, Dipset recognizes that fact. So they exploit that. How? By... DESCENDING INTO SELF-PARODY! They don't have to be gangsta. They are so gangsta that they can make fun of the whole concept of "gangsta;" while G-unit still strives to maintain a certain degree of authenticity, Dipset just lets it hangs.

In reality, they are ignorant, but perceptive intellectuals. Their music is a satire of the first calibre of the capitalistic decadence created by post-modern consumerist culture. Except their vision is so avant-garde that it very few members of society catch onto their scathing critique of capitalism and the state of the music industry today.

So when Cam'ron, who actually graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Kennedy School at Hahvahd (no [censored]!), tells people that Dipset "is the only movement that's moving," he's really refering to a movement aimed at creating a new paradigm through which one can view popular culture today from a more nuanced perspective.

So in the year 2008, when Cam'ron is elected President, Juelz is Vice President, Jim Jones is the Secretary of Defence, just remember that you read it here first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Magnificient Treatise.

I do believe their genius is more unintentional, but I like where you are going.

CAM in '08!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:29 PM

While we're at it, we should make

"Santana's Town" the "Official OOT Anthem."

Better yet, somebody should just create a new forum dedicated to, not Dipset, but "The Movement."
Old 03-15-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, if Cam'ron and Dame were a little more eloquent, they toally could've pwned O'Reilly. The principal seemed reasonable enough, and did praise Cam and Dame for some of the positive things they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if O'Reilly had been a little less cagy about the way he set up the segment. Cam clearly had a lot of material that he wanted to unload on O'Reilly with, but his ostensible opponent was a fanboy school administrator.

scrub
Old 03-15-2006, 01:35 PM

Dipset is probably the biggest bunch of trash rappers in history.

Lead by Camron and his amazing rhyme style:

rinky dink
stinky stink
pinky bling
later ma if you want we can link a link
what a coinidink

No joke that is how he rhymes.

He tried to come at Jay Z recently and it was probably the funniest thing I ever heard. Not because it was tight and he ripped on Jay Z, but because it was such trash that I felt sorry for him. THe loser is coming out with a new cd soon and he wanted some media coverage.

Idiot tries to get in the media by throwing rocks at the throne. Joke.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:36 PM

God they suck............
Old 03-15-2006, 01:39 PM

This thread further solidifies that scrub is rad and that I could hang out with JBB.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:42 PM

Also, have you guys heard The Official Dipset Mixtape Volume 1? 72 TRACKS ON 1 CD!