Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-21-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: *Dexter* 11/18

[ QUOTE ]
pr0crast,

Good post. However this: "lundy has no idea that it's dexter. we will know if he starts to suspect dexter by if/when lundy starts distancing himself from deb" is wrong IMO. I'm going to rewatch the ep later, but it seemed to me that Lundy is using Deb to some degree.

After seeing Dex's previous move (the manifesto) backfire horribly, I suspect that Lundy will figure that Doakes being so obviously suspicious while Dexter tries to be seemingly helpful makes the latter look more guilty.

One possibility is that he will attempt to use Deb to get more info on Dexter somehow, and Deb will have to make a call between the two (obv choosing Dexter). Not sure if this means Lundy dies or what, this is obviously a long shot anyway.

Another possibility is that, to make the Doakes/Dex team seem more realistic, Doakes somehow gets suspected of the murders but Dexter clears him in some fashion.

Not sure how Lila is going to play into things, but the Lila/Rita saga is clearly not over.

This show rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if anything, Lundy will suspect Dex of being forced by Doakes (the BHB) to cover for him. I really don't think he'd use Deb though, he likes her too much.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:20 PM

come on, you guys can't see the scene where deb finds out he is using her and confronts him, telling him horrible he is for doing this when he knew what had happened to her before?

he of course responds that he is so sorry, that he really truly cares for her/loves her and he wasn't trying to use her, but when the opportunity came up he couldn't let his feelings for her interfere with the investigation of a serial killer
Old 11-21-2007, 04:49 PM

some trivia - the actor who plays Lundy is the brother of the guy from Kung Fu (David Carradine), both the son of actor/poet John Carradine, who apparently my father met a few decades ago?
Old 11-21-2007, 04:54 PM

I think lila is going into a black widow type role, who knows where the doakes/lundy direction is going though, its going to be fun finding out anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GIVEN

-dex can't kill doakes, b/c it would violate's harry's code

[/ QUOTE ]
At this point I don't think it's a given that Dex won't violate Harry's code.

[/ QUOTE ]
The ONLY way Dex can violate Harry's code is if Doakes convinces Dex that Harry was an evil lunatic who killed Dex's mom to prevent his wife from learning about their affair, thus invalidating the code.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's been questioning Harry and his code for like the last four episodes or so.