Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-13-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Why do teams fire quality Coaches and replace them with tards?

Example #1
Fire 14-2 Schottenheimer because he can't beat the pats. Afaik no one has done a very good job at beating the pats the last 5 years. And who did they hire? Norv Turner, this guy has been a miserable head coach many times over. I thought in the past he was at least a good offensive coordinator but am beginning to doubt that.
Example #2
Steve Mariucci was replaced not only once but twice by far inferior coaches. The 49ers continue to make stupid mistakes like this by letting Garcia and Rittay go for Alex Smith.

I'm not totally against the idea of letting a good coach go if he isn't getting the job done, but you better have a pretty good replacement in mind. Good examples of this would be Chucky replacing Dungy and Gibbs replacing Spurrier(resigned).

There may be some good examples of this in other sports but The Coach in football is just so important.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Why do teams fire quality Coaches and replace them with tards?

He was fired b/c he didn't get along with the GM and he hadn't won a playoff game in a million years. Too bad they replaced him with someone who is so incompetant it's hilarious.

Mooch was fired b/c he couldn't get the 9ers over the edge. What the 9ers keep doing is letting their staff go. Their former staff guys are actually doing good jobs including McCarthy who was a total suprise. It's also not Nolan's fault that they lost their OC 3 straight years even on mediocre teams. This year was even worse b/c Norv left late and all the decent OCs were already taken. We end up with a 1st year guy who is retarded.

Mooch shouldn't have been fired, I won't agree with that, but the team is bad this year I'm suprised if Nolan won't be fired anymore. Yesterday was embarrasing to any 9er fan. I don't think they could look much worse.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve Mariucci was replaced not only once but twice by far inferior coaches.

[/ QUOTE ]
Rod Marinelli looks pretty decent to me. You are going to have a tough time time convincing me that that Mooch was doing great things in Detroit.

Also, LOL at using Spurrier in you example of good coach. The guy looked completely lost in the NFL.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:18 PM

it was a marginal mistake to get rid of Marty; what followed was a complete disaster which compounded the original error
Old 11-13-2007, 03:21 PM

Norv is a tard. I said some stuff when he was hired that maybe he wasn't a tard. That makes us both tards. Chargers are gay, BTW. I am glad they came out and I am proud of them. (Jamal is straight). But that does not make me gay, I don't think about men sexually, I never had sex with a man on purpose, umm what else. Well, that's it, Norv and I are tards, Chargers are gay, I am not. Yes, I am sure. 97.667%. That would hold up certainly under a preponderance of the evidence standard, and seems to me to be well beyond a reasonable doubt.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was a marginal mistake to get rid of Marty; what followed was a complete disaster which compounded the original error

[/ QUOTE ]

Right - if you are going to fire a competent coach, you better have an upgrade already lined up. See L.A. Dodgers.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have been a marginal mistake to get rid of Marty right after the loss. They didn't do that.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:43 PM

Getting rid of Mike Martz was a great decision, the rams have gone far since those days. Oh, and the team he went to is now good. What a surprise.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting rid of Mike Martz was a great decision, the rams have gone far since those days. Oh, and the team he went to is now good. What a surprise.

[/ QUOTE ]Unless Mike Martz has mystical healing powers that I'm not aware of, I don't think it would make much of a difference.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 PM

No love for the Giants getting rid of Fassel for Coughlin?