Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 10-15-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: $30/$60, AA2s 3-way, coordinated flop

ya but think how glorious a river spades wouldve been and you muck both of them (a36x, xx68).......i like check raise turn....obv when you miss check call river no equity in raising river
Old 10-15-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
think how glorious a river spades wouldve been

[/ QUOTE ]True, but after the flop, on the second betting round, the odds are approximately 34 to 1 against two running, non-pairing, spades.
(from 962 to 28).

And then he also has a back-door draw in clubs, making it about 17 to 1 against either two running clubs or two running spades.

I originally posted in haste, and then as I was driving down the hill realized my mistake. Funny how that happens - I was consciously thinking about where I was going and then it dawned on me, seemingly out of nowhere, that I had made a mistake - actually two mistakes. Anyhow they're corrected now. Sorry for my errors.

Thanks, Tilt Monkey - you caught one of them.

At any rate, even two back door flush draws don't justify jamming on the second betting round, in my humble opinion, although they are nice and add to the value of your post-flop hand.

Buzz
Old 10-15-2007, 05:56 PM

yea you are kinda missing the point yet again....1st of all board pairing on turn or river is not a bad card....2ndly the odds of a spades falling on river (after turn) i believe i called a flush draw and in poker when you hit it its usually pretty strong....spelling it out for ya enuf? hes strong enough here to check raise turn for sure buzz....trust me i know how soft these games are...

-jaja
Old 10-15-2007, 06:06 PM

He aslo has a runner-runner club flush draw on the flop.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea you are kinda missing the point yet again....1st of all board pairing on turn or river is not a bad card....2ndly the odds of a spades falling on river (after turn) i believe i called a flush draw and in poker when you hit it its usually pretty strong....spelling it out for ya enuf? hes strong enough here to check raise turn for sure buzz....trust me i know how soft these games are...

-jaja

[/ QUOTE ]

Buzz is too much of a gentleman to respond appropriately, so I will.

Cut the [censored] with the condescending remarks to him. He is the best poster in this forum by far, and contributes way more to this forum than it appears you ever will.

If you can't act like something remotely resembling a gentleman to other posters, particularly him, then go away.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:04 PM

"trust me i know how soft these games are"...

1) Buzz knows more about Omaha8 than anyone I've ever shared ideas with.
2) If the game is soft we win more by playing tight than by turning into Splashy McStation. If OP bets out at the turn he's getting raised by made straights, thereby charging himself more while still on a draw. If he c/r's on a draw with three players in after a villain capped the flop he's begging to be quartered when the flush misses.
3) Humility is a beautiful thing. Ponder that before attacking others who have a great deal of knowledge and are kind enough to share ideas with you.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:05 PM

PS I will "spell it out for ya" -- Buzz is talking about the second betting round, which is the flop ... not the turn, which it appears you are discussing. In poker, the turn would be the third betting round.

If you are suggesting that it is correct for dave to go nuts on this flop, then your advice is terrible.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 AM

stfu [censored] never talk to jaja like that PM me so i can play you heads up for your roll.......please PM me, also buzz i believe you said private squabbles are to be PMed why did you allow them to say this to me?????when you have deleted mine before......also im not being condescending to buzz the part where i say spelling it out for ya? is between me and him you would not understand. im stating my own opinion its a forum and people are going to disagree.....your too narrow minded to see this i guess, #1 you have no idea who you are talking to #2 WHO ARE YOU
#3 buzz is a joke #4 SMD [censored] #5 [censored] pwns
Old 10-17-2007, 01:57 PM

IP Ban?