Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: hero runs bad...freezes and forgets how to play cards??!!

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a push pre, because you have FE + you're happy if he has a midpair putting 18K to win ~24K (if he calls with 99/1010/JJ). 7K in the pot, 16K remaining is gonna be a [censored] spot. Having AsQs in position here really isn't that great.

Interesting flop for him not to bet. Given the action, wtf is he not betting 88, 1010, QQ, JJ, A9 for on the flop? Even 66 should probably bet. Maybe he has AA/KK but most of the time, I think he has air.

River, he bets 4800. Interesting as well. Now you have 10K in the pot, you can raise him for another 12K, giving him 26:12 to call. That's a little less than two to 1 with one card to go. You may consider pushing here as a bluff, because I think a lot of times this is a whiffed AJ/AK/KQ or a small pair that's scared. I think you fold him out a % of the time you need to + you prob. have 6 clean outs.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much think this is the answer except that final action was on the turn not the river. I shove pf. As played check flop, shove turn. Sure this could be AA,KK slow played but it could also be AK or some other form of air. By checking the flop we opened up villian's betting range on the turn enough for this to be a +ev shove IMO.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:56 PM

I think it's close btw making it like 9k/calling and shoving pre. Calling is tough b/c u could still get squeezed and UTG+1 is going to c-bet most flops when u miss. On flop u have to bet, UTG+1 is not checking this flop with an overpair unless it's AA, since your range here is mostly PP's. Shoving the turn is bad, b/c u can't rep anything after u check the flop.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:00 PM

erc...hence the frozen hero title...without seeing his cards I still think I should have pushed pre and if checked to pushed flop...as I butchered it I have no issue with the turn fold...freezing up in crucial spots is a sign of the poker apocolypse for me so I'm gonna go into drydock for a bit
Old 10-11-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
erc...hence the frozen hero title...without seeing his cards I still think I should have pushed pre and if checked to pushed flop...as I butchered it I have no issue with the turn fold...freezing up in crucial spots is a sign of the poker apocolypse for me so I'm gonna go into drydock for a bit

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand where u are coming from...don't be too hard on yourself. If you take a little break i'm sure that you'll come back and play well.

gl.