UTG: $2.73
UTG+1: $5.36
UTG+2: $2.40
MP1: $5.16
MP2: $2.65
Hero (MP3): $4.90
CO: $1.50
BTN: $2.31

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10 Players)
UTG calls $0.04, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.04, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.16</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.35</font>, SB calls $0.33, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.54</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.19

Flop: ($1.55) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero ??</font>

And say I make a continuation bet here and the guy calls. What course of action do I take on the turn?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: AK 3-bet before flop AQQ flop

your pf 4bet is way too small
Old 09-08-2007, 07:31 PM

Push on 4bet pf. As played get it allin at some point.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:34 PM

I think you are ahead most of the time on this flop. I'd say with his re-raise preflop, he would hold roughly AQ+, or 88-AA (if you had provided reads, they could confirm or refute this rough range). The only things that are ahead of you here are an unlikely holding (Quad Queens, Aces full, AQ for Queens full, maaaaybe KQ but i doubt it). Since those are all pretty unlikely given the board I'm confident you are ahead.

However, your raise preflop should have been alot larger. I think a raise preflop to ~$0.22ish would have been better. After you are re-raised, I hate the re-min raise you did. I'd be more opt to just call and see a flop, and a push wouldn't be awful either.

Given the action though, I lead here for about $1.20, call any shove, and if he calls, shove the turn.

And since this is your first post, welcome to the forums.

chrismystero
Old 09-08-2007, 07:52 PM

I'd been getting people folding out on nearly every decent hand I got so I was a little hesitant to put in a big raise and scare them both off before it even got to the flop.

Why would I be shoving if he could quite possibly have a queen in his hand?

And at NL5 it's near impossible getting reads on anyone because everyone calls or raises with pretty much anything ;(

These are just the reasons behind what I was doing, but the end result was pretty similar to what you all suggested.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And at NL5 it's near impossible getting reads on anyone because everyone calls or raises with pretty much anything ;(

[/ QUOTE ]
Because of that you want to take the Pot down with a big raise preflop.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because of that you want to push for value and expect calls from dominated hands a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]FYP.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd been getting people folding out on nearly every decent hand I got so I was a little hesitant to put in a big raise and scare them both off before it even got to the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't let past situations like that make you make a poor raise, keep it up to standard size. You have the right idea to base your raises on how your opponents are playing, but that logic is still kind of mis-used here.
[ QUOTE ]
Why would I be shoving if he could quite possibly have a queen in his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Keyword is "possibly". You push because it is +EV because according to his assigned hand range, he doesn't have a Queen MOST OF THE TIME.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Use this to your advantage and get as much value (money in the pot) as possible when you make the dominant hand.