Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: What if someone flips the table?

Oh yeah, it, or something like that has happened a few times at my home game. It is usually some drunk rail bird who gets in a fight because he popped of to a person still in the game and a fight ensues. Most players first reaction is to get their chips. After a round of arse beating on the jerk who started it, most people can vouch for each person's pile with a few left overs to be played for high card. I've also seen a drunk fall into the table, and a table break because someone was leaning on it. Dang, I need to start not allowing tequila at my home games.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:02 PM

in a 10 dollar home game one of my friends(375 college football player)just starts beating the living crap out of this one dude. chips went everywhere and we did the best thing. you got what you had in frong of you. easy to fix.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...a few times at my home game. It is usually some drunk rail bird who gets in a fight because he popped of to a person still in the game and a fight ensues. ... Dang, I need to start not allowing tequila at my home games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whiskey seems to work well. Plenty of loose action without all that chest-puffing aggro tiny-dick bullsht.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Really such an unlikely scenario that I doubt anyone would really be too concerned with your ruling in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

unlikely scenario? umm no

[/ QUOTE ]

uummm.... yes. How many games have you been to where someone flipped the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I arrived once just after a table had been flipped. I went and checked into a hotel since I had traveled 5 hours to get there. It looked like it would take a while to clean up. At the time the flipee was an active player in the NHL (what kind of moron at a poker game flips over a table to start a fight with an NHL player).
Old 08-25-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, it, or something like that has happened a few times at my home game. It is usually some drunk rail bird who gets in a fight because he popped of to a person still in the game and a fight ensues. Most players first reaction is to get their chips. After a round of arse beating on the jerk who started it, most people can vouch for each person's pile with a few left overs to be played for high card. I've also seen a drunk fall into the table, and a table break because someone was leaning on it. Dang, I need to start not allowing tequila at my home games.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you pay the twenty-one year old friend to buy alcohol for all of you retards?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say we're playing a cash game, I'm the host, and someone loses a massive hand and flips the table because he's pissed. I've never seen this happen, but hypothetically, what is to be done about the player's chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Step 1. KITN and perma- ban offender.

Step 2. Line players up on one side of room. Ring bell. Free-for-all for the chips on the floor.

Step 3. Laugh ass off.

Step 4. Resume game.

Hope that helps. I believe this is the standard rule to be included in an upcoming edition of Robert's Rules.

--Zetack