Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Flopped a boat but I may have to fold?

Tried moving up to the big boys of MHSH but no-one ever responds in there. I'm never sure where 10/20 should go!

We could argue about my flop play but I'd rather not. Both players are aggressive 30/20ish

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $434.50
CO: $382.75
Hero: $1890
SB: $1056.25
BB: $363.75

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (19.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 07-13-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Flopped a boat but I may have to fold?

I make them show it to me

the pot is huge and they have some combination of QJ-QA from either and/or J9s from UTG enough of the time imo

really we're only worried about TT QQ from either of them and TQs from UTG, and that isn't too many hand combos.

and raise the flop since you have a player trapped
Old 07-13-2007, 09:29 AM

I'm not folding this on the river in this huge pot. If one has AQ and the other KQ and I fold then my laptop is going out the window. Just hope BB doesn't keep pumping. If they have TT or QQ then so be it.

Edit - YF beat me to it
Old 07-13-2007, 09:36 AM

Raise flop pls.

Looks like a fold but obviously a hard one to make at the table. The problem is it looks like the river gets capped a lot and BB's range should really just be quads and tens-full. The counterargument is that the pot is ginormous, and them both showing up with AQ isn't exactly impossible (but pretty unlikely). How many hands are your "reads" over? If it's small I'd just close my eyes and call and call the two back. Maybe 3-betting is an even better play than calling as hands better than 88 here will always keep going anyway.

Looks closer to a call (or reraise if you agree w/ my logic) each time I look at it. At the table I can't honestly tell you I would fold this, but it's certainly not a pretty spot.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:58 AM

If we want to SD we are going to pay four bets to see if bb has QQ or TT (unless bb decides to call with TT on the riv or if he has AQ).
With two players to beat I think the odds are for a fold here.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:17 AM

I never fold here, but maybe I should. anyone wanna stove the numbers? Assuming it gets capped on the river again you are going to pay 4-bets to win 27.75, so you are getting about 7-1 (need to be good approx. 13% of the time to make a profit).
Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 AM

Hi goofy. Pushpica here.

I think you screwed up the flop badly. The pot is 14 SB and its very likely that at least one of the guys has a pp higer than 88's. Note that any pp 99 or higher has 4 outs against you. I really think you need to jam the flop hoping that someone folds a higher pp and to get value from AQ, KQ, KK and AA. If you wait to the turn your hand is really easy to recognize.

I dont know who villains are. But if they are good I think river is a fold and its not even close. No way they are giving this action in a 3-way pot with AQ and 44. You are dead sir. Fold it, next hand!

EDIT: 44 is impossible. Even easier fold against good players IMO
Old 07-13-2007, 12:07 PM

i still call

BBs range is basically TT QQ or AQ (AQ mite still stupidly cap the turn here and when they do they always bet it), if u know for some reason he wouldnt call/cap AQs here (only 3 combos) i guess the rivers a fold.

if utg opens J9s utg and calls a cap back that gives one more hand he mite play this way for the parlay but I dont think he should raise the river with that or KQ/AQ. I call hopefully hes playing this river poor, if he was a super solid expert or a 30/20 who play very well always postflop (heis or inferno type players) its a fold but a tough one for sure getting 10:1. If theyre overaggro postflop 30/20s i make the 2 bet call once.

if its 3bet back thats probably a fold as well but after i call 2 i put in one more very sadly with no chance of winning. id fold if the river was 3bet and capped.

flop is definitely a raise I think for reasons oink said, ur hand is very obviously Qx, TT or 88 on the turn so u wont get much action after ur turn raise unless one spews (and sometimes PPs JJ KK AA wont lead the turn for u) or ur beat. Altho ur hand probably looks like Qx, 88 or hearts on the flop people may still spew at that point (more likely than vs ur turn raise) with AQ ect
Old 07-13-2007, 12:23 PM

I DID say don't mention the flop Oink! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I had LUND001 on megatilt and he was in the BB. Wanted him to lead the turn and let me trap them both.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Calling two on the river and folding for a cap would be pretty bad IMO. If they're going this far with trips or a straight I'm not going to assume they're stopping and make a huge fold in a 30BB pot.