Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: 2008 Seahawks

2008 kinda sucks cuz NE is already a lock to win. I feel for any teams not in the "rebuilding stage"
Old 06-25-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only negative is they lost Jeremy Stevens. Even though he's a drunk and a sissy, he could really stretch the middle of the defense where linebackers have an almost impossible task of covering him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't matter, he couldn't catch a friggin' ball anyways. Must've learned that move from D-Jack. Thank god both of them are gone.

[ QUOTE ]
Alexander will be fine. After he came back from the injury, he jacked up Green Bay for +200 yds. He is approaching 30 very soon, but he didnt start his first few years in the league and his running style usually has him avoiding big hits

[/ QUOTE ]

It really sucks to watch a 225 pound guy run like a pussy 190 pound guy should(touch football style). I'm sure we'll be seeing more turf flops this year. Damn it gets irritating to see that. Especially after he ran so hard in his contract year.

Non-contract year = no motivation. We'll see.

Imo, the big question is the O-Line.

b
Old 06-25-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is rofl because clearly nobody posting in it has paid any attention to their off season nor knows the team really well.

Defense will be much better. Revamped secondary is a huge improvement, young LBs get better, d-line will be vastly improved if Tubbs is healthy.

Offensive line has better players in better spots, and should have a healthy Shaun and Matt. Branch will have had time to work with Matt, Leonard Weaver being back will give us great 3rd down/short yardage flexibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

their d-line is old, i don't see it holding up throughout the season. doesn't matter how good your db/lb corps is if your line can't hold its own.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:42 AM

49ers have arguably the best defense in the West and the potential to have the best offense. With a more experienced Alex Smith having some great options to move the ball to this year (a healthy Vernon Davis & Darrell Jackson), along with contract year Frank Gore I think the Niners are going to be the team to beat in the West this year.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:49 AM

Frank Gore got an extension during the off season.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:25 AM

Ah, so he did, I missed that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Color me surprised though that the deal was negotiated and done quickly, considering who his agent is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is rofl because clearly nobody posting in it has paid any attention to their off season nor knows the team really well.

Defense will be much better. Revamped secondary is a huge improvement, young LBs get better, d-line will be vastly improved if Tubbs is healthy.

Offensive line has better players in better spots, and should have a healthy Shaun and Matt. Branch will have had time to work with Matt, Leonard Weaver being back will give us great 3rd down/short yardage flexibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

their d-line is old, i don't see it holding up throughout the season. doesn't matter how good your db/lb corps is if your line can't hold its own.

[/ QUOTE ]

The kid from Cal we drafted people are raving about. The Hawks rotate the line a lot, so age is less of a concern. Last year w/o Tubbs, Darby wore down a lot. This year Darby/Tubbs/Bernard/Mebhane (sp?) etc should be a strong improvement. As others have mentioned, Tubbs is the key for a lot of this.

Count me in with people excited to see DJack go. Talented player, but dumb as a post. Almost all of his errors were mental, not skill, and I loathe that kind of player. Hacket + Branch in system + Ingram + young WRs is good.

WRT to Hutch- he's still a guard. It looks worse than it did because of how the line was banged up last year and the fact that Shaun was hurt. I still think it was acceptable to let him walk given what he was asking.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This has been a problem in past years but this year their d-line is pretty stacked with quality backups at every position.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The kid from Cal we drafted people are raving about. The Hawks rotate the line a lot, so age is less of a concern. Last year w/o Tubbs, Darby wore down a lot. This year Darby/Tubbs/Bernard/Mebhane (sp?) etc should be a strong improvement. As others have mentioned, Tubbs is the key for a lot of this.

Count me in with people excited to see DJack go. Talented player, but dumb as a post. Almost all of his errors were mental, not skill, and I loathe that kind of player. Hacket + Branch in system + Ingram + young WRs is good.

WRT to Hutch- he's still a guard. It looks worse than it did because of how the line was banged up last year and the fact that Shaun was hurt. I still think it was acceptable to let him walk given what he was asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key still for Seattle and it's always been is the running game. If it gets back in line as it was in 2006, they should contend for the playoffs and maybe a conference finals birth. If it doesn't the D again will be exposed as being a good defensive unit that can't stay on the field. This is the case with most defensive units but was pretty obvious about Seattle last season.

Most "experts" still think Seattle is on a downward trend, I agree. They could still compete, but I think their window for a SB has ended. But that's true with just about any NFC team right now.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:23 PM

The thing about Seattle is they have such a great HFA that if they lock down #1 seed it is GG all the way to the SB. Anything can happen with their schedule and a really weak NFC.