Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: PLO8 ($100) UB -- BIG POT A BREWIN\'....

That was actually what was going through my mind an iso play on the initial bettor, or if not him at least the smallish stacks...I was actually hoping to get a naked A2 to fold in this spot (a bad idea??)...The ONLY person I was worried about in this hand was Break because he really had the only stack at the table that I could put pressure on to fold...
Old 06-19-2007, 04:18 PM

typical omaha players that will fold a bare A2 for their stacks in reraised pots are few and far between. I think shoving just makes it easier to play with the stack sizes, and you could force an A3 to fold that would get you 1/4 if you didn't.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:41 PM

Yeah like I said, the shorter stacks I really thought would call with any decent hand...And with the money in the pot and how short their stacks were compared to the pot, I really wanted them to come along naked...In thinking about raising, I hoped to get Break to fold a naked A2 because he had a decent sized stack even after the reraise and calling about $100 cold with a naked A2 is a tough call to make there...At least for me it would be and it would be something that I would muck...
Old 06-20-2007, 08:32 AM

See.. I'd rather the guy called with his A2 if that's all he had if you were both deep. Depending on his hand obviously. You're gonna end up with something like a $70 side pot with him if he comes along. So even getting scooped by a shorter stack, and scooping him if his low misses isn't a terrible situation as you don't lose your entire stack.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:27 AM

Donkey, you got me there...The main thing I was thinking was isolation with my hand because I really didn't think it held up in a multi-way pot...

HERE'S THE RESULT:

I raised pot and Break insta-called (which told me he had some sort of A2/wrap type hand) and the re-raiser called as well...

TURN: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
RIVER: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

And the HERO in this case ends up scooping an almost $400 pot with trip 10s...

RE-RAISER SHOWED: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BREAK SHOWED: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

We had a good equity situation on the flop against these 2 hands...45% if memory serves...On the turn we were in DEEP trouble as the re-rasier picked up the nut flush and nut low draw and it dropped our equity substaintially to around 25%...But fortunately we were able to re-suckout on the river...
Old 06-21-2007, 10:58 AM

Super easy shove, it's $100PLO8, AAxx instacalls, ditto for any 2-pair. You're getting A2xx to fold like never, but you're still definitely +EV in this spot.

Having said that, fold preflop next time.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:34 AM

Fold preflop? You must obviously have never played on UB before...If you don't raise with hands like this preflop when you are in hijack or later position you are definitely losing some major EV...

EX: Last nite I was playing and I raised on the button with AA22, suited diamonds...Flop was 2 lows and a Q with 2 diamonds as well...My opponent proceeded to bet pot into me and I put him all in...Turn gave me the low and river gave me a set...He stacked off almost $80 with Q589 or some BS like that that gave him 2 pair on the flop...
Old 06-21-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Having said that, fold preflop next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no.