Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Omaha 8/b at The Wynn

I am looking to head to Vegas sometime by the end of the year and was just curious if anybody had played the 10/20 omaha 8/b (half kill) game at The Wynn? I was talking to some guy at Foxwoods and he told me to stay away from any mid-limit games in Vegas because they are full of local pros...I told him I had played in the 5-10 (full kill) at The Mirage (which is probably a little lower than mid limit) and I had crushed it...He said that I probably got lucky that the competition was soft that day...

I would say my skill level is probably better than average...I haven't played much full ring limit in awhile, but I've played a ton of full ring PLO8 (yes I know it's a different game) and some SHLO8 recently...

Thanks for any help...
Old 05-28-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Omaha 8/b at The Wynn

The mirage 5/10 game is a joke. It's usually like 5-6 to the flop and nobody raises. Whoever told you that you were lucky it was soft is deranged. (A side note: it's funny to overhear fish talk about game conditions and stuff. Like, guy who can't play A says that guy who can't play B is the 'toughest player in the game and deserves a ton of respect', etc.)

The Wynn games can be pretty rocky or decent depending on the lineup. When I'm there, I usually end up play LHE b/c I see more mediocre/bad players in those games.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:32 AM

Yeah that's what I thought about the Mirage game too...I was the only one raising and the only one under 60...They HAAAAAAAAAAAATED ME!!! Especially when I was killing them...The guy who I was playing with at Foxwoods was a good player too, that's why I took his word for it...I can take a rocky game and of course a decent game...The only thing I was worried about was the game being HYPER-aggro...I watched a little of the 20/40 at the Bellagio the last time I was there and it looked to be REAAAAAAALY aggro...I think I'd tighten up way too much to be any sorta effective...Thanks for the tip...I might end up staying at The Wynn...
Old 05-28-2007, 01:33 AM

At the mirage, did you play with "shakey jack?"

BTW the wynn 10/20 game just seems rocky. LIke usually 3-4 to a flop and a decent amount of raising. Nothing really nutso though.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:16 AM

It was at the end of '05 so it was awhile ago, don't remember anybody I played with really...Only person I remember playing with is a guy who was in his late 20s and seemed to have a good grasp on the game...He was about the only one in the game who had the clue...The old people for the most part were HORRIBLE!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 06:27 AM

sad to report that 20-40 didnt go a single day this weekend at the B. apparently it's been replaced by a mixed game.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:35 AM

You are effing KIDDING me!! I know it has been awhile since I've been out there (Dec 2005), but there was a list for that game the last time I was out there!!

So much for staying at the Bellagio when I go to Vegas...Wynn baby here I come!!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:40 PM

I have also heard that the 5/10 at the Mirage was full of rocks. The one time I checked it out it looked like it was pretty tight, not much action - that was during the daytime on a weekday though which may not be as good a game as other times.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:50 AM

Ive played the game at the Mirage 10-15 times i have never seen more than 2-3 TA players, however there is one guy who is known to be a rock that frequents that game. The rockiest game you will find is when the Rio spreads it during the wsop, the game is tough.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sad to report that 20-40 didnt go a single day this weekend at the B. apparently it's been replaced by a mixed game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it may start up again when the Series does. A couple of years ago, I thought it was the best limit O8 game I'd ever seen. Lots of local 'pros' on tilt...