Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 05-26-2007, 08:51 PM

Default 75 150 08 hand 3 handed

Playing a juiced up 3 handed game on stars, I forget who I played this against.

I raise button with QJ24 rainbow. SB 3-bets which he was not doing a lot, BB calls 2 cold.

Flop KK9. SB bets, BB raises, I threebet.

I think I open far more hands than most do on the button, but it seemed like in this game everyone was opening a ton on the button.

-Jason
Old 05-26-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: 75 150 08 hand 3 handed

I don't understand posts like this. On its face, the play seems ridiculous. You don't really share your thought process; you don't really give us much in the way of reads or much else that would allow us to consider the re-raise. Did you do this because of something in this hand? Or for more long range reasons? What are we supposed to say? You're either a genius or an retart.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:59 PM

Total spew.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Total spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fully agreed. There's no fold equity in this spot like ever and either player might have you drawing to a chop with a wrap.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:48 AM

uh, this post is pointless w/o some read/stats, info on your opponents. IMO, its probably a major spew.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:26 AM

now we know why the game is juicy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

jason you really need to explain yourself on this hand, big spew without an amazing read.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:23 AM

Hmm, okay I guess I should explain myself.... Game is playing really fast, SB continuation bets close to 100% in this spot, its a good spot for BB to make a play given the flop texture, and I might have 4 or more emergency outs. Im basically risking three bets here that both dont have a king or 9s full. Is this totally ridiculous?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, okay I guess I should explain myself.... Game is playing really fast, SB continuation bets close to 100% in this spot, its a good spot for BB to make a play given the flop texture, and I might have 4 or more emergency outs. Im basically risking three bets here that both dont have a king or 9s full. Is this totally ridiculous?

[/ QUOTE ]

People playing online o8b don't fold, period. I think, in the long run, this is a -EV play by far. I understand the thought process behind the move, and maybe in a live game this kind of play would work, but online I think this is a big - EV move.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:29 AM

another problem is that you could be drawing dead, and there is no low possible for backup.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I thought that this was pretty obviously your thought process, what did you think guys? That he was value-betting his Q high?

Jason, the question(s) really is:
1)What percentage of the time is BB making a play? Will he do this with complete air or is there a chance he has at least some sort of wrap he will continue with?
2)If SB is on AA is he actually gonna give it up?
3)If you get called are you betting this again on 4th? on 5th?
4) what are the chances theyll give you credit for the K?

THe thing about posting hands like this is that this situation plays to your strengths as a good poker player, and away from our strengths as nits whove read a lot of books. We cant tell you any more about your opponents and their tendencies than you know.

I will agree that this looks like a HE style move that often turns into a spew in LO8, but if this type of move has been working for you, then by all means.