Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 02:25 PM

Default Re: NL50: How to play this turned top two-pair?

Only hand you have to worry about is 23, any of the "callers" on the flop can have this. You have to see who is really interested with the pot here. Calling on the turn would be super conservative and those who has Ace pairs might draw out on you. I would definite PSB the turn, find out who is truly interested. This is a hand that you can almost safely play for stack.

Hands that beat you are obviously 44, 55, AA, 23, 99. Hands you tie or beat that would call your raise would be AQ, AK, A4, A5, 45, 59, 49 or if the game is really fishy, any Ace trash hand. Your pot equity is quite good here to put your money in. The only worry is if you have more than 2+ callers, it's marginal. But you are getting more odds to win the hand, so it's worth the risk. So if it's heads up, I'm going to play for stack here. Over time, you will win more than you lose. Since you only have 100BB worth of a stack, I'd definitely throw my stack in there, how you do that, that's another story.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:32 PM

Raise the pot. There are draws available so calling is too dangerous. I think pushing is fine too.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:50 PM

Anything besides push or call is stupid. I would probably push, and expect to get called by a pretty wide range of hands.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:02 PM

I think your preflop call is fine. In 6 max, I raise the limper all day everyday but FR is more nitty.

On the flop I don't like your call for the following reasons.

1) BB, not the preflop raiser, bet out which under most circumstances mean TP (or more). You don't beat many aces you lose to AT+ and you lose to A4 and A5.
2) Further compounding the problem is EP calls on this relatively drawless board. Its not unreasonable to put him on an ace. He could have something like 76s I guess.

So really your call is trying to hit your 3 outter kicker.

As played though, I push you beat all 2 pairs and only lose to a set and could easily be called by good aces and A4-A5
Old 12-23-2006, 08:03 AM

Default Results

I made a pot-size raise on the turn to $26, and the CO and EP both folded...meh.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Results

would have min-raised the turn and pushed the river if called. Think you can't just call at the turn because of the straight- and flushdraw possibility.