Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 10-29-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: History of gaming platforms- Commodore 64

[ QUOTE ]
lol yeah I used to keep my 64 on all the time before I got my 1541.

The worst was typing in one of those long ass programs and then there being an error in one of the lines.

Summer/Winter games were some of my favorite games. Also Dr. J vs Larry Bird: One on One by EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved that one too. I remember trying to constantly break the backboard and that little dude would come out and sweep up the mess.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Impossible Mission (I think that is what it was called) was such an awesome game

[/ QUOTE ]

Stay a while.... stay foreveeeeer!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM

My favorite was The Art of the Exploding Fist.
I also remember getting off my older cousin Leather Goddess of Phoebos which was a adult version of Zork.

I also remember having to use alligator clip jumpers on the back of the keyboard in order to play certain bootleg games.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:53 PM

I spent many many many hours of my youth playing Jumpman Junior, Space Taxi, Bard's Tale, Wasteland, Legacy of the Ancients, and the (not as good) sequel Legend of Blacksilver.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a Commodore 64 in its original box sitting in my garage as we speak. Any buyers? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And yes there were some great great games on that computer. Neuromancer was probably my all time fave followed by Wasteland. Please dont ask how many pages of graph paper I went through playing the Bard's Tale games...

[/ QUOTE ]

How much? My disk drive broke on mine. Also, can you hook it up to any current monitor/television or do you need a Commodore specific monitor?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:29 AM

LB,

I'll check the box but if you remember, you could hook it up to a TV with those little screw connections for antenna inputs. So if you can find a TV like that, you should be in luck. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just browse some C64 boards and you should be able to figure out your options. As for price, PM me what you think is a fair price and I imagine that will be good enough for me.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:36 AM

My C64 monitor just had standard AV inputs. I still have it at my mom's place, I'll take a picture of it next time I go over there.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:29 AM

That would be awesome if they had a resurection in the PC world. Perhaps a new line of retro C64 looking laptops/cell phones/MP3 players
Old 11-05-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That would be awesome if they had a resurection in the PC world. Perhaps a new line of retro C64 looking laptops/cell phones/MP3 players

[/ QUOTE ]
There ARE C64 mods available, with most games, but I always had trouble setting them up right b4.

I truly loved my C64 though, from getting blisters on my hand from Decathlon to The bard's tale, I EASILY spent more time playing games on that than I ever did/do on any other gaming system. One of my most remembered moments was working at my apartment complex passing out fliers and getting enough $$$ to buy that Fast Load Cartridge, so I could not only load games ~60% faster, but I could just type in / instead of LOAD"*",8,1 every time, (i think , been quite a while.)