Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: QQ on K high flop, 3bet pot, line check (NL100)

[ QUOTE ]
Look at the hand from his point of view: You showed extreme strength in this hand. Your re-raise PF indicates a big hand (big pair or AK) and you back it up with a decent flop bet. Yet he is pushing into you on the flop. He has to put you on a big hand and has no reason to think that you are going to fold.

In light of this, how likely is it that he is pushing with a mid-pair or JJ/QQ? I think it's possible but very unlikely. But if there's a 25% chance that he's making a move with a mid-pair, then your call is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response. If he doesn't think I'm folding a big hand (namely AK, KK+), but that I would fold anything up to QQ then why would he shove? He could only shove as a bluff if this is the case since all kings should just wait until the turn in hopes that I double barrel, right? I feel like you guys are seeing something I'm not or vice versa because his range is way wider than AK and KQ imo.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look at the hand from his point of view: You showed extreme strength in this hand. Your re-raise PF indicates a big hand (big pair or AK) and you back it up with a decent flop bet. Yet he is pushing into you on the flop. He has to put you on a big hand and has no reason to think that you are going to fold.

In light of this, how likely is it that he is pushing with a mid-pair or JJ/QQ? I think it's possible but very unlikely. But if there's a 25% chance that he's making a move with a mid-pair, then your call is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response. If he doesn't think I'm folding a big hand (namely AK, KK+), but that I would fold anything up to QQ then why would he shove? He could only shove as a bluff if this is the case since all kings should just wait until the turn in hopes that I double barrel, right? I feel like you guys are seeing something I'm not or vice versa because his range is way wider than AK and KQ imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, maybe my post was a little vague. I don't think he thinks you're folding. Period. Or at least, he has to think that his folding equity is very small. Therefore, assuming he's reasonable, he's shoving with what he thinks is the best hand. He should put you on either a big pair (JJ+) or AK. If he's shoving, then he must think that he's got a decent shot against that range. So it's hard for me to believe he has a mid-pair. Not that it's impossible, which is where the 3:1 pot odds come in.

As for his range, why do you think it's way wider than KQ, AK and medium pairs? He raised in EP and then called a sizeable re-raise. You think he'd do this with AT or KJ?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, maybe my post was a little vague. I don't think he thinks you're folding. Period. Or at least, he has to think that his folding equity is very small. Therefore, assuming he's reasonable, he's shoving with what he thinks is the best hand. He should put you on either a big pair (JJ+) or AK. If he's shoving, then he must think that he's got a decent shot against that range. So it's hard for me to believe he has a mid-pair. Not that it's impossible, which is where the 3:1 pot odds come in.

As for his range, why do you think it's way wider than KQ, AK and medium pairs? He raised in EP and then called a sizeable re-raise. You think he'd do this with AT or KJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea probably would open both of those and I'm sure occasionally stuff like 67s-J10s. Remember, he is an unknown so he's probably not a 14/8 type since I would likely know most of them. The non-2p2, non-regular crowd is made up of mostly 21/7 guys in my experience.