Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: NL25 - How to play AA on dangerous board

[ QUOTE ]
He is not calling with JJ/clubs, but he might bluff with them

[/ QUOTE ]

But the read is he never bluffs. Since we are calling any river push, we might as well push ourselves. He's not raising or bluffing with hands we beat, and if we aren't folding to hands that beat us, we might as well push the river and get value from KQ AK.

How often is someone who doesn't bluff making a stab at this board with a hand that we beat? I wouldn't think as often as he'll make a crying call.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:10 PM

I think the problem with betting the river is that I have seen many players at this level who have KK or QQ, check the flop, call the turn bet, wait for you to bet on the river, then put you all-in. The villain has position, so even if you check the river he can still bet. I'm not saying this is the correct way to play KK or QQ in this situation, I'm only saying that some people do play it this way so I would just check the river.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the problem with betting the river is that I have seen many players at this level who have KK or QQ, check the flop, call the turn bet, wait for you to bet on the river, then put you all-in. The villain has position, so even if you check the river he can still bet. I'm not saying this is the correct way to play KK or QQ in this situation, I'm only saying that some people do play it this way so I would just check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this happens all the time. I see more players at these tables slowplaying to death rathar then fastplaying.

If you're going to be the turn, I bet more then $7. It looks like its begging for a raise. Unless you're trying to get it all in... in which case I suppose against the right opponent its ok.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is not calling with JJ/clubs, but he might bluff with them

[/ QUOTE ]

But the read is he never bluffs. Since we are calling any river push, we might as well push ourselves. He's not raising or bluffing with hands we beat, and if we aren't folding to hands that beat us, we might as well push the river and get value from KQ AK.

How often is someone who doesn't bluff making a stab at this board with a hand that we beat? I wouldn't think as often as he'll make a crying call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still need to check, IMO. You would have played the hand pretty weak, and he could mistakenly VB some weird holding
Old 09-28-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KK or QQ beats you, so if your are going to call their river shove, you might as well exclude them from how you play the hand.

The goal here is to get the most money from hands you beat.

Does KQ call here and and not value bet? I think so. Does AK call here and not value bet, again, I think so.

Very few hands that you beat are going to bet that river, but they might call.

You could even try a blocking bet on the river. It just seems the check allows you to win the least and lose the most out of your options.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:38 PM

4bet shove preflop for max value!

wow this board is terrible. Any decent level of aggresion from your opponent makes this a fold. Being OOP makes this worse. I think your check/bet/check line is good. I dunno if I'd even call a river bet, what does AK think it can get value out of?

I 4bet shove pf and avoid this issue.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KK or QQ beats you, so if your are going to call their river shove, you might as well exclude them from how you play the hand.

The goal here is to get the most money from hands you beat.

Does KQ call here and and not value bet? I think so. Does AK call here and not value bet, again, I think so.

Very few hands that you beat are going to bet that river, but they might call.

You could even try a blocking bet on the river. It just seems the check allows you to win the least and lose the most out of your options.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a great point. Theres lots of hands that I beat that will call me, but wont bet it. I guess I just wanted to maintain pot control. Theres definitely the possibility of a missed vb at the river, given what the villain did (check flop, just calling turn).

[ QUOTE ]
4bet shove preflop for max value...

I 4bet shove pf and avoid this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villains 3bet was to $2.90, and we had full stacks.. I think we lose value by shoving.

Thanks for all the responses. Villain showed JJ here. Ship it!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:25 PM

Your 4-bet reeks of "call plz i has aces thx"
Get the money in on the turn and river if you check the flop. I'd rather just get the money in as soon as possible.