Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 09-22-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: My inner calling station lives....

ozi,

when i first read this hand, i thought that we needed to put in a raise somewhere. i don't like raising the flop because of his fit-or-foldness. i don't like raising the turn because getting 3bet really sucks. so i thought this might be a good spot to pop the river (usually gets an extra bet in when we're ahead, sometimes saves a bet when villain is too scared to 3bet a better hand). but yeah, that river doesn't improve our hand and it didn't stop villain from betting. this means we're ahead less often, which makes raising less attractive.

if you do raise the river, can you fold when 3bet? cuz i don't like r/f lines in general, but calling the 3bet seems so stupid (and now we're putting 4 big bets in anyway, so we should have just raised the turn). then you end up like i did in that stupid KQ hand from my microposter session and babar and buzz are like "lol wtf raise the turn".

ok so previewing my post is like tl;dr so i'm not proofing or editing. hope it makes sense, mate.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:01 AM

yep make sense. i probably couldnt fold to a 3 bet which is part of the reason i just called also. actually if we arent sure what to do when 3 bet then we need to consider that when considering raising as our hand needs to be good more often to make the raise profitable because we are sometimes paying risking 2 bets to win 1(Assuming we cant autofold to 3 bet because we suck at poker).

this thread has been more interesting than I though fwiw. Seems to me that the vets/experts like the line more so than others. hmmmm. interesting.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me that the vets/experts like the line more so than others. hmmmm. interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "vet/experts" are always going to like your line Oz. They look to you for leadership and acceptance. I'll always tell you how it really is! lol [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

If you play like this a 3/6+ ...guys like miles will clean your clock.

edit for truth.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:48 AM

meh raising the turn OR the river wouldnt be bad.

pretty standard tho
Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't let him catch a card, push him off, push it real good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, a lot of SB's possible holdings have just 3 outs at most against Hero and the pot is small, so making him fold isn't so important.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me that the vets/experts like the line more so than others. hmmmm. interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "vet/experts" are always going to like your line Oz. They look to you for leadership and acceptance. I'll always tell you how it really is! lol [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

If you play like this a 3/6+ ...guys like miles will clean your clock.

edit for truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely not true. This is smart poker. You have to learn to play controlled aggression based on your opponents range. We're not raising for value anywhere in this hand and we're definitely playing WA/WB-like. I have yet to see, Bob, anywhere where you state what you think his hand range is and the appropriate math that would back up your claim. Gl with your poker career, pal.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:01 PM

i can't clean the clock. if i had a ten here as villain i would check the river and rep a 7 lol. so when your opp will do this you're kind of owned no matter what you do (especially if your villain can fold weak made hands if you raise). dunno what i'm saying but i like the line in a vacuum. see the 995 thread in sssh from a while ago for more dumb discussion about this.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
see the 995 thread in sssh from a while ago for more dumb discussion about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:22 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...511&page=0