Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: No Limit Omaha 8/b - Please Explain This Game To Me...

I think it does take some advantage away from good players.. it's going to create more variance, even if you aren't calling all ins where you hope you are flipping. PL gives you multiple opportunities to play your opponents.

Well bankroll considerations might be part of it, but I think taking too many of these "coin flips" it's really going to be hard to win in the long term. If you want to call an all with A23K or something like that vs some random AA hand you're going to be on the bad side of a coin flip.. 44/56 something like that depending on suits and how good the aces are etc, but I think a key thing that is missing from the analysis of hands like this is the AA hand is going to scoop MUCH more often, sometimes almost twice as often, doesn't seem like a situation I want to be getting myself into with A23K.

No, I think you understand the finer points pretty well.. the nl games are the reason I quit playing stars, those were the only games that would get going forever it seemed. Naked ace bluffing is rampant among some people too.. if you push 3x's pot on river with the naked ace.. what can call you?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you kidding me? He is a nut peddling nit, you think I'm gonna call him here? He will NEVER stack me unless:

A) He outdraws me when I'm ahead.
B) I manage to miss my huge draw when he gets his money in poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy has gone all-in against me with 1 or 2 outs several times - "a nut pedding nit" well not against me but maybe he has a "read" on me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 PM

mustafa plays differently depending on his stack size.. he splashes around a little at times.. and I really doubt he will ever fold sets.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just outta curiosity then why do you play Dave? I mean you obviously know what the hell you are doing and are one of the top PLO8 players on the 'net...It seems like a game that totally eliminates any advantage a good player has (like being able to control pot size, etc..)...Is it because there ARE morons out there who will open push with that garbage??

I can't believe that there are people who would open push with that crap at that level...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm.. dave is one of those guys that will call all ins with A2. But as predator said, you're not going to be a huge dog, depending on the kind of aces someone is pushing with, the more they push, the looser you can call. If someone is only pushing AA2-AA5 I don't think any calls are ever going to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt say anything about ranges of hands to call with. It the pushing preflop part I was discussing.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:30 AM

"But as predator said, you're not going to be a huge dog," notice the comma, it's functional as well as pretty to look at.