Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: I Don\'t S\'pose Anyone\'s Watching The Nabisco...

Morgan Pressel has a huge chip on her shoulder regarding Michelle Wie. It is blatantly obvious that Pressel thinks Wie is an overrated P.O.S. and has stolen media attention and tons of endorsement dollars from her.

She is a pretty damn good player, though, and she's not going to roll over and let Wie be the player of their generation. Morgan does seem to take luckboxing a win (today) MUCH better than getting luckboxed (that US Open a few years ago when Birdie Kim stole the trophy with a ridiculously lucky bunker shot).
Old 04-01-2007, 08:14 PM

Thought I was the only one watching. Pressel and Wie could be a very entertaining rivalry. Wie probably has more raw talent, but Pressel's academic credentials could translate to lots of good decisions on the golf course.

According to the Junior Golf site, Pressel scored 790 in math on her SATs. No disrespect to Wie, but I'm not sure Michelle could even count to 790.

Pressel is probably best known for her fiery temper, which can be either a good or bad thing depending on her ability to control and channel it.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

According to the Junior Golf site, Pressel scored 790 in math on her SATs. No disrespect to Wie, but I'm not sure Michelle could even count to 790.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Wiesy did get into Stanford. But in terms of "golf sense" she's dumb as a stone boat. Huge experience gap between her & Pressel, due primarily to her parents naivete & arrogance and the USGA's idiotic 'amateur' rules, that will be very difficult to overcome.

How many more competitive rounds of golf has Morgan played than Michelle in the last five years? 10x? 20x?

Michelle has learned to lose in every way possible, Morgan has won in every way possible.

Michelle's raw talent is so great she should still be a force, and her & Pressel could be a fantastic rivalry for 30 years, as they're complete opposites in every possible way.

But the kid gloves are really going to come off her critics now. Certainly her injury is legit, but it will be interesting to see how she reacts when she comes back.

BTW, LOL at how the Nabisco cleaned up the pond the winners jump into from a dirty ol' duck blind into a crystal clear hotel pool, and at Pressel's grandma nearly landing right on the rim after asking a tourney official if it was deep enough to jump into.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thought I was the only one watching. Pressel and Wie could be a very entertaining rivalry. Wie probably has more raw talent, but Pressel's academic credentials could translate to lots of good decisions on the golf course.

Pressel is probably best known for her fiery temper, which can be either a good or bad thing depending on her ability to control and channel it.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you for real in stating that being smart helps with golf management? give me a break..and you don't think michelle wie is smart? She is smart enough getting into stanford (not like Stanford was going to reject her)..i wouldn't be surprised if her SAT score was 1400+, well not that they're on a 2400 scale, i would say 2100+.

Also 790 on Math really isn't that hard as any 2+2'er can affirm.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you for real in stating that being smart helps with golf management? give me a break..and you don't think michelle wie is smart? She is smart enough getting into stanford (not like Stanford was going to reject her)..i wouldn't be surprised if her SAT score was 1400+, well not that they're on a 2400 scale, i would say 2100+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you do need to be smart for course management, but no necessarily "book smart". Tiger is both, so there may be some correlation?

[ QUOTE ]
Also 790 on Math really isn't that hard as any 2+2'er can affirm.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. I remember missing two questions (back in the "olden" days) because I was too lazy to go back and check for mistakes. I doubt that there is a much of a relationship between math scores and course management though!