Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 03:40 AM

Default Wii accidents on the news

Living up in Tahoe I get news stations from the Bay Area, Sacramento and Reno. On the 11:00 editions all of the stations had a segment on the Wii's causing damage to tv's, ppl, etc. Just thought it was funny that all of them did it tonight. I am assuming its because Nintendo came out and commented on it yesterday. Also saw a CNN piece yesterday on it.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Wii accidents on the news

Every night theres a story on it in ny, its getting some horrible press on the NY TV News.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:50 PM

I don't understand how Wii controllers cause more throwing against the TV than a standard controller. More aerodynamic?
Old 12-10-2006, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how Wii controllers cause more throwing against the TV than a standard controller. More aerodynamic?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well most accidents are happening in tennis, baseball, and bowling. It should be obvious of why/how it's happening. People get a little to in to the game and the controller flies out. You throw hard enough and accidently release the controller the strap can break.

Sure people are being careless, and the average person would be smart enough to not let go, but a lot of people fall below the average person, and they have the potential to lose a controller while playing. If I had one, my issue wouldn't be myself, but maybe one of my drunk friends.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well most accidents are happening in tennis, baseball, and bowling. It should be obvious of why/how it's happening. People get a little to in to the game and the controller flies out. You throw hard enough and accidently release the controller the strap can break.

Sure people are being careless, and the average person would be smart enough to not let go, but a lot of people fall below the average person, and they have the potential to lose a controller while playing. If I had one, my issue wouldn't be myself, but maybe one of my drunk friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check this link out quite funny... I wish I had a wii though
http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/