Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 03:13 PM

Default Devloping a PLO game to go with my PLO8 game.

I've been a steady winning PL08 player rising through the stake level online-- I currently play up to $1000 buy-in games. I would like to increase my selection by taking up PLO and would like some comments on the following.

1) Although PL08 can be played successfully, along a continuum of tight-->loose pre-flop anywhere from 12VPIP up to 40 VPIP and more, most people would say that about 25% VPIP is pretty standard number for a good player (and about 5% PFR) how do these numbers hold for PL0.

2) For anyone that plays PL0 and PL08 how do your standard deviations compare for each game? My impression is that PL0 should be much higher variance, is that true in practice?

3) Assuming I am willing to devote sufficient bankroll to play up to $200 buy-in games, what level(s) and site do you think will be most productive to start playing. I am not looking to replace PL08 as my mainstay game, but I would love to play up to whatever limit the games you start to see regular semi-pros grinding and the games get less juicy.

4) I am planning on starting a seperate database for PL0, anybody think that I should use the same database for PL0 and PL08?

Thank you for you answers to these questions and any other helpful comments.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Devloping a PLO game to go with my PLO8 game.

1) Both figures are much more flexible as the game depends much more on post-flop play than solid starting hand selection.

2) Not a clue, PLO does have more variance though.

3) Come to stars and I'll help you out [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

4) Probably best to use separate databases.