UTG+2: $210.03
MP1: $85.10
Hero: $90.77
MP3: $101.13
CO: $169.18
Button: $49.10
SB: $98
BB: $92

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6, 6 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5.7</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $28.5</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $96.9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG calls all-in $49.47</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $61.27</font>.
Uncalled bets: $7.13 returned to SB.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: PLO8 $100: Top Two Pair + Mediocre Low Draw

I puke after sb reraises and utg calls. While you may be ahead for high right now.. you're prolly going to have to dodge 2/3 of the deck to end up with 1/2 the pot, unless you happen to spike an A or J on the turn. Between them they could have wheel wrap, flush draw, even broadway draws.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:30 PM

Heads-up you have a big hand, especially against a LAG. So you raise the flop to get it heads-up. I like it. Unfortunately, UTG decides to come along for the ride. I would not be thrilled about getting it all-in in a 3-way pot. 3 ways you are in danger of getting carved up by each opponent holding a better high/low hand than you. At least UTG is short so you can enjoy a side pot with SB. You did the right thing trying to get it heads-up on the flop. By the time it comes back to you, you are of course committed.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:53 PM

I'd play it the same, I don't think you can fold when UTG calls.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:20 PM

While I don't mind your flop raise, I like to exert less pressure on these flops and more on blank turns, when the turn fills you up, or sometimes even when a 4 or 5 comes. When you see a flush draw out there, and you have a low draw and top two, you are not quite strong enough IMO to bully two people around, and the flop can fit enough hands to make me nervous making such a big statement. I tend to run into flushes and flopped sets in these spots (obv sets less often when you are holding two of the possible cards, but sets to top two can be a death trap). Calling the flop allows you to let others dictate the action, which isn't a great idea normally but here I think you need a little more info.

I've got SB on a set of Jacks or broadway FD plus good LD (or A2), and UTG on something like 234x baby FD. Not sure why else UTG would call the flop twice, and SB doesn't seem to like the company here. Given the variation of possible hands in my reads, I don't like going to war on the flop, and calling the flop allows you to get more info and better define your chances, because you need a relatively thin draw to hit and your equity will often find you getting in bad on the flop assuming you need to dodge a low twice.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:18 AM

I don't think you raise this flop. If anyone calls you are probably way behind. You can probably say that you have the best hand right now but that is not even a guarantee. A hand like this will get you in a tricky situation in which you can win a little pot or lose a big one.

However, a call would not be terrible here. If this hand gets heads up you might be in decent shape, but this isn't a hand that dictates trying to force it into being heads up. If you call and there are overcalls behind you, you are done with this hand on the turn unless you fill up.