Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2006, 05:37 AM

Default SH LO8 Lost w/ two way drawing hand

I am unhappy with my play on every betting round. Thus any advice is welcome. Should I 3-bet the flop to find out how strong the hands of my opponents really are?

Party Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (13SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (15.5BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 21.5BB
Old 05-27-2006, 06:17 AM

Default Re: SH LO8 Lost w/ two way drawing hand

Do not bet this flop. Check. I would be thinking checkraise CO get it heads up. Otherwise maybe peel, probobly fold. You're a5 low is not good here, and your drawing to a flush on a paired board.

Fold that river, co has you beat for low and utg has you beat for high.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:37 AM

cap it before the flop and bet the flop... you could bet almost any flop but this particular flop actually fits your hand quite nicely...

...if you take the initiative early you have less difficult decisions later
Old 05-27-2006, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cap it before the flop and bet the flop... you could bet almost any flop but this particular flop actually fits your hand quite nicely...

...if you take the initiative early you have less difficult decisions later

[/ QUOTE ]I'd play it this way too.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:11 AM

Im not an expert but...

I agree, cap preflop.
I like your bet at the flop, you have to bet here. Whether you threebet this flop depends on your reads on your opponents, would have liked to see some info on them.
Dont like the turn bet, his raise there doesnt really tell you his hand, could be trips, could be boat, could be something funny like A245. Again, could have used some info on him. Given that we dont know if he has a boat yet, you cant bet this for value. The only good that can come of betting the turn is getting the CO to fold, thus promoting your low (which didnt happen).

Although I agree with earlier poster that youre beaten in both directions on the river, I strongly disagree with his advice to fold here. The pots big, and you could be winning in either direction, gotta call.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Although I agree with earlier poster that youre beaten in both directions on the river, I strongly disagree with his advice to fold here. The pots big, and you could be winning in either direction, gotta call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have put a disclaimer that I only posted my opinion to see what others thought of it. I'm pretty new to this game.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:40 AM

i'd throw it away on the flop, with all those people in preflop someone almost certainly has a 3. you are drawing very slim.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:41 PM

I'm folding this on the flop. It looks like you're drawing to a 2nd best hand in both directions which is a bad spot to be in
Old 05-28-2006, 03:32 PM

it would be awfull to fold your hand on this flop...

...18-1 is too cheap against a field of 3 opponents (6 btf) that only hold 12 cards out of the 45 unknown cards...

...i don't know if your equity is more than 33% the way the hand played, but i do know it is waaaaaaay more than 6%