Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 10:47 AM

Default 2/4 Turn raise OK?

Pacific Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6SB, 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $7.26</font>, SB calls.

SB has TAP stats for 40 hands.
Button is Fishy

Is the turn raise OK?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:31 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Turn raise OK?

I would have 3-bet the flop because I think you have the best K with kicker hand out there. KQ would have raised preflop as would AK. Get the money in right now when everybody is still willing to pay.

As played I like the turn raise, but mainly because I think you're still ahead. So you need to charge button for his draw and SB for his 2nd best hand. I don't think you have much folding equity though, since button is passive and raised the flop and bet the turn. I think his hand is good enough for showdown so he will take it to showdown. If ur hand was, for instance, something like K4, I wouldn't like the turn raise because of the non-existent folding equity I think you have. And of course the reduced possibility your hand is best. Raising the turn would be a waste of bets in that case.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have 3-bet the flop because I think you have the best K with kicker hand out there. KQ would have raised preflop as would AK. Get the money in right now when everybody is still willing to pay.

As played I like the turn raise, but mainly because I think you're still ahead. So you need to charge button for his draw and SB for his 2nd best hand. I don't think you have much folding equity though, since button is passive and raised the flop and bet the turn. I think his hand is good enough for showdown so he will take it to showdown. If ur hand was, for instance, something like K4, I wouldn't like the turn raise because of the non-existent folding equity I think you have. And of course the reduced possibility your hand is best. Raising the turn would be a waste of bets in that case.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to be tp and did not raise kq. its nice that i used to be [censored] at cards for situations like these.

however i still feel that you have the best hand. dont rule out kq and even ak for some real t passives. i would 3 bet the flop though and see if i got cred ont the turn.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:38 PM

You can raise preflop.

Turn raise is marginal (since you have flush outs), but that sb flop checkraise/turn lead tells me you might need to improve to win. (he's tight and passive which indicates he would NOT raise KQ pf -- and neither would I, out of the SB) Overall, checkraise from this player implies top pair, decent kicker or better.

Also by just calling turn, you may be able to get in the river raise if your BD flush comes in and SB continues to v-bet.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:52 PM

the turn raise is fine, because it is against a guy that may fold on occasion, it may be for value, and you have a huge redraw. raising pf is okay, but so is limping. KJs is a hand i mix it up pf in EP. what is your river plan UI?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:05 PM

If the Turn raise bought a free showdown I would take it, if he bets I call.

Maybe wrong, I miss lot of value on river decisions.

Edited: My english sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2006, 05:12 PM

EDIT: nevermind, misread