Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Flop donk from an 18/12 after I reraised him p/f--I\'ve got overs--now what?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ??

I guess this is another, "I have overs and missed post, but 2 things make it stand out. First, he's very tight. Second, he donked instead of c/ring.

I understand a c/r but a donk is more confusing here. I put him on Ak-AJ, or a PP like 88 - 10's not wanting to see a free card. Do I raise for the showdown? peel and fold the turn? It's a lot of hand to give up on early, but he's 18-12 and I don't think that tight a tag donks overs too often. Thoughts?
Old 05-20-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Flop donk from an 18/12 after I reraised him p/f--I\'ve got overs--

i peel and fold UI...if the Turn is the 2 of hearts i might raise fo a free sd...maybe this is bad because he never folds a better Hand &gt; i dunno ...see what others think...
Old 05-20-2007, 05:35 PM

crappy spot...what's his AF? what's your image? i would sometimes get to showdown and sometimes fold river i think
Old 05-21-2007, 05:06 AM

His a/f is like 2.5...I doubt he senses my image since he's gobbling up Stars points by multi-tabling.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:48 AM

I raise!

Call me a madman if you will however he probably knows you've missed and is trying it on. He could be as low as A5, his range still may be the dog to you. If he 3 bets you're in trouble.

If he is TA he will make the continuation bet with any of his preflop raising range. He may well have 4 bet you with aa,kk,qq,jj, ako so pop him and see.

I can't call and fold this. If I get serious action then I will get out.