Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 02:55 PM

Default AA on a pretty dry looking board facing turn decision

Hey guys, its me again. I guess I am the guy who looses most in my entire database (maybe im the worst player???)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($113.97)
Hero ($65.90)
SB ($48.40)
BB ($52.35)
UTG ($24.92)
MP ($45.70)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $2, MP folds.

Flop: ($5.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB calls $4.

Villian has 30/6/2 so pretty loose passive

Turn: ($13.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $21</font>, <font color="blue"> Hero thinks a bit and pushes all in</font>

He minraised me there, on minraises i feel so lost all time. I really cant get what it means, what a villian thinks when he minraises.

Is this spew/good/borderline?
Whats your line here
Comments on all streets appreciated

thanks Andi
Old 06-18-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: AA on a pretty dry looking board facing turn decision

I like the push. I find a lot of players raise the turn here with KQ, AK to see where they are at. I don't see much point in just calling and folding is not an option on this turn.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Loose passive raising this turn is usually better than KQ, but if we're going with the hand I'd rather call the raise and get it in on the river...board is pretty dry.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:31 PM

I wouldn't worry about the 5 here. It smells to me like he was slowing playing a set of tens/very rarely kings on the flop. I don't think he min-raises with AK on the turn, and I can't see folding AA in this spot either. I play it the same way.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:35 PM

i don't mind betting, but you can also consider a check on the turn for pot control.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:43 PM

balugas theorem.. a loose passive fish has to be assigned an extremely strong range here... KQ/KJ/AK are in it, but they have to be outweighted... Hands like KT/K5/K6/66/TT are a lot more likely than these hands.

This is a pretty general piece of advice to anyone playing uNL:

When the loose/passive call down our bets on several streets in a row, it usually means we are making money.

When the same fish start betting, raising, or holy mother of all things scary: check/minraise us on the turn, we are in huge trouble.

This applies a lot to this hand. I can't rly remember the last time a fish took the c/c flop, c/minR turn line and my one pair was good. It's about never.

Folding AA on the turn here? Yeah it's the correct play. I suspect most of the people saying we should get it in somehow say so because they haven't given enough thought to hand ranges, but is mostly considering the general strenght of our hand and board texture.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't mind betting, but you can also consider a check on the turn for pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking is pretty bad IMO. Villain is loose passive, and can have a very wide variety of hands, including Kx, QJ or even some of the strong Ts. And he is likely to be going to showdown way too much. This is an easy value bet IMO. As the turn falls here I'm actually planning in my head how to get this fish's entire stack from his Kx holding.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:00 PM

k, i missed his stats, but 30/6/2 isn't *that* passive imo.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:08 PM

true that 2 is not so passive for someone with a 30vpip. Still, villain is clearly a fish and we can probably stack him if he has Kx here, especially if the kicker is decent.

If villain was a solid TAG, the pot control line on the turn (planning to get 1 bet in on the river) would have been a lot better.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:16 PM

thx fiksdal for that detailed explaination.
Ive read balguas theorem but i think i should go for it another time....

i fell youreposting is like yoda who sais "alot to learn newbie" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks Andreas