Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 12:47 PM

Default Re: UFC UFN Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Probably the only way Shamrock would possibly have to win this fight would be a very very lucky knee to Ortiz as Ortiz is shooting.

[/ QUOTE ]Does Shamrock have a big knee and does it give him a "punchers chance"? He nailed Kimo awesomely. However, I think Kimo was pretty washed up by then but I dont remember.

Also, who has Tito beaten in the last 6 years who would be considered world class talent? Note - I am not arguing against Tito. Just looking for info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tito's only big win in recent memory was against Vitor Belfort, which was a very close split decision. In fact, he hasn't finished an opponent other than Ken Shamrock in over 5 years.

That being said, Ken hasn't beaten anyone of note either.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Probably the only way Shamrock would possibly have to win this fight would be a very very lucky knee to Ortiz as Ortiz is shooting.

[/ QUOTE ]Does Shamrock have a big knee and does it give him a "punchers chance"? He nailed Kimo awesomely. However, I think Kimo was pretty washed up by then but I dont remember.

Also, who has Tito beaten in the last 6 years who would be considered world class talent? Note - I am not arguing against Tito. Just looking for info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tito's only big win in recent memory was against Vitor Belfort, which was a very close split decision. In fact, he hasn't finished an opponent other than Ken Shamrock in over 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

He still fighting Ken, with a shot at Lidell waiting come December
Old 10-09-2006, 12:51 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone else think Petruzelli and Singer are decent bets?

Petruzelli is a very good striker, obviously hamill will be looking to take him down, but I think Petruzelli has a decent chance to keep it standing and knock Hamill out.

I think this either goes the distance, which Hamill wins, or it's stopped early due to Hamill getting KO'd.

Petruzelli currently at +205. Anyone think this line will get up higher? considering the popularity of Hamill?

I like Singer because I just don't believe Haynes is any good at all. He's looked so bad in all of his fights, I guess some people could just call it "unconventional" but it just appears as if he has 0 technique.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:52 PM

Five years and three months ago he TKO'd Elvis Sinosic in the first round. Close [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In the last five years, here's Tito's breakdown:

<font color="green"> Shamrock - win, TKO - UFC 40, 11/22/2002</font>
<font color="red">Couture - lose, UD - UFC 44, 9/26/2003</font>
<font color="red">Liddell - lose, KO - UFC 47, 4/2/2004</font>
<font color="green"> Cote - win, UD - UFC 50, 10/22/2004</font>
<font color="green"> Belfort - win, SD - UFC 51, 2/5/2005</font>
<font color="green"> Griffin - win, SD - UFC 59, 4/15/2006</font>
<font color="green"> Shammy2 - win, TKO - UFC 61, 7/8/2006</font>

Ortiz has a fight scheduled beyond this one, a December date with Chuck Liddell, which will likely be Tito's last opportunity to reclaim a title. He's not going to get derailed by Shamrock here with that match with Liddell on the line.

Here's a profile on Ortiz, if people haven't seen it: http://www.tbo.com/video/xml/MGBHJK632TE.html as linked from UFC.com.

And a good writeup from michael DiSanto: http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news...l&amp;gid=3516

good quote from that article:

“I’m ready for Ken Shamrock,” he said. “This is my third fight this year. I’ve never really gotten out of shape. The longest I’ve been away from the gym is two weeks, so my timing is excellent. I’m 100-percent healthy. I don’t have anything bothering me at all. My hands look good. My ground game is better than ever. And my wrestling is back to where it was before. This is one of my biggest fights ever, and I’m ready for it. I’m going to beat Shamrock worse than the last two times, and then it is time for Chuck Liddell.”
Old 10-09-2006, 12:59 PM

Singer is great on the ground but he has to either break Haynes or make him pass out, the guy doesn't know how to tap. Singer will fatigue before he can get Haynes to tap, then get pounded.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:53 PM

Default Re: UFC UFN Thread *DELETED*

Post deleted by Performify
Old 10-09-2006, 01:54 PM

Good Post...Now go away.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im sorry but I will laugh my ass off if shamrock wins.You guys are morons if you are willing to pay that much juice on ortiz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perf always puts a ton of effort into his posts and for you to post something like this is shameful.

1. If you disagree posts some facts.
2. Learn the definition of juice.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:09 PM

I'm putting my entire meager sports betting bankroll on Ortiz, just like I did last fight. Shamrock doesn't even have a puncher's chance. -777 is crazy.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im sorry but I will laugh my ass off if shamrock wins.You guys are morons if you are willing to pay that much juice on ortiz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perf always puts a ton of effort into his posts and for you to post something like this is shameful.

1. If you disagree posts some facts.
2. Learn the definition of juice.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you expect from somebody with "pwn" in their name? In my experience, 99% of people who use the word "pwn" are complete idiots.