Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: DO YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO BLUFF CATCH!?!?!?!?

raising is sexy...ballsy...but sexy.

definately better than calling.

About the turn, you should be happy if he folds. Use your position to control the pot and the river action.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:45 AM

k imma try to address the turn and the infamous river raise here.

first the turn. i feel like i am ahead of villians range here but obv not ahead of his calling/shoving range. so in essence i feel like if i fire the turn i am essentially turning my hand into a bluff when i think i am reasonably ahead of villians range. so while i do in fact give myself protection from his many number of draws... i think by checking i allow myself to gain value on the river by having position and also by underrepping my hand. assuming the river is a blank i think i am in great shape to call/bet or raise depending on his actions and be well ahead of his range on the river. and when a bad river hits (which is prolly like 1/3 of the time or so) then it sucks but at the same time i have position and still think i can make a +ev descion based on wut the river card is and wut he does. hope that makes some sense. pick it apart if u disagree.

now the carazy line. and i am a maniac and still think this is nutz so it must b nutz. lol. but on the other hand if i do raise against this villian he cannot call without the nut flush. and the way the hand played out i dont think he can have very many combos of this (ill go into more detail tomorow sometime)

the problem with it is i honestly dont think he shows up with many combos of hands that are value raising on the river here. as i said i think he is decent and thus i cant really see him value raising here very often. (again i dont think he shows up on the river here with many hands that r capable of valuerasing on the river based on his preflop, flop and turn lines.)

so meh. it is sick and such high varience but blah. not sure if i like it better. let me kno if u disagree with the parts about him not showing up with many combos of either the nuts or those hands that could value raise me and i will give my thoughts on that more specifically tomorow and adress wut u guys r thinkin about it as well.

ill let this thread run some more and hopefully let some more people chime in
Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 AM

whoops yea i def missed the pot size disregard what i said
Old 10-11-2007, 02:07 AM

Wow yea a river raise would be sexy as hell. Unless you two had serious history/wacky meta going on, raise. He can only call with the nuts. I doubt I could actually pull this off but yea it's sexy.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:56 AM

bump for night crew?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:32 AM

I think raising is pretty hot here, just because you're so deep and this board is sick, and he probably folds everything but the nuts, which would be rather odd for him to have. However, you should remember that your line doesn't actually make sense with the nuts, unless you have exactly KhJx or KhKx, and he probably expects you to fold the KJ.

I wouldn't raise if I thought he was good at handreading and could make a hero call, but I think raising is definitely better than calling.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:42 AM

looks to me like he has JxQh
Old 10-11-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks to me like he has JxQh

[/ QUOTE ]
Good 18/12 TAGs don't call preflop IP with JQo, even against wide opening ranges, let alone when OOP. I should know, I play 18/15.

Raise>>>fold>>>call

Just calling here is spewy because it's either a blocking bet from a small heart, or a bluff with a made hand that could still be better than your hand. Raising is sexy because he can only call with Qh or better, and those probably bet river a lot harder.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:53 AM

I hope you realize that 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 is in his bluffing range here too? Thats one.
What do you put him on the flop that he raises with that you beat on the river? Thats two.
What makes you think you can not have a high heart here the way you played preflop and the turn? Thats three.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think raising is pretty hot here, just because you're so deep and this board is sick, and he probably folds everything but the nuts, which would be rather odd for him to have. However, you should remember that your line doesn't actually make sense with the nuts, unless you have exactly KhJx or KhKx, and he probably expects you to fold the KJ.

I wouldn't raise if I thought he was good at handreading and could make a hero call, but I think raising is definitely better than calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he c/r KJ into 2 other people left to act. Maybe KK, but I think it's unlikely.