Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Switch Xorbie and Chuckles roles?
Yes 8 88.89%
No 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Real Life Man of Genius - Emergency Lane Blocker Guy

Wow, just spotted this thread. American hero, great move. I've often wanted to pull this move when I see people flying by traffic, but I'm a pussy because a drive a company car that I don't want to get hit and live in Philly where just about everyone making this move is thugged out.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday I gained a new hero. I wish I could have bought this guy a drink...

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read this entire thread, but I'm this guy, kinda (some may not think so).

Driving home from vacation years back on a major interstate, we come up on some road construction. The signs must have started pretty far back because I couldn't see the construction, but the right lane was backed up (people getting over, as they should) and the left lane was virtually empty. Usually you'll see some 18-wheelers drive alongside each other blocking anyone from zooming up the empty lanes, but not this time. After a few people zoom past me on the left, I pull over in the left lane and drive alongside the truck in front of me. Several cars come up behind me with people honking, yelling, etc. A few went around on the dirt to pass me until the barriers prevented it. As fate would have it, traffic came to a complete stop....for an hour. (A truck had broken down in the construction zone and they had to call a tow-truck to get it out of the way, as the trucker beside me told me.) After an hour, traffic continued and I had people passing me on the other side of the construction zone for quite awhile, flipping me off. Didn't bother me..... "Get in the back of the [censored] line!"
Old 08-02-2007, 11:10 PM

Well I think for the most part we've come to the conclusion that you are a douche, but it's just unclear whether you're more or less of a douche than the people trying to pass you. And in either case, you're less of a douche than I am.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:58 AM

Moving to Jersey from Ontario, I'm constantly amazed by how [censored] of drivers live here. Especially when it comes to expressways (seriously how [censored] hard is it to understand slow traffic keep right. Your dick will not grow 7 inches just because you're driving in the leftmost lane).

I'd never seen the lane-blocking tactic used before coming here. But here I see it almost every traffic jam, usually by transport trucks. I love it. Its more fair and it keeps traffic moving faster overall since people aren't breaking for the jackasses cutting in and out of traffic. I've even done it occassionally, but since I have a Honda its not as impressive.

So OP, the guy blocking the lane is a Grade A Hero.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:40 AM

if someone ever tried to block me from going to the end of the left lane in a legal lane of travel i am passing them on the shoulder and putting it in park right in front of them. i am not a particularly ballsy guy but i would do this in a heartbeat, ESPECIALLY if a big rig was doing it, as every big rig driver i have ever encountered was a drooling mouth-breather who i would like to see crash into a tree with no seat-belt on.

if things were different where i drove, maybe i wouldn't. i drive on interstates all the time in VA, and have never ever seen it happen. TG for not being in the armpit of the country.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I think for the most part we've come to the conclusion that you are a douche, but it's just unclear whether you're more or less of a douche than the people trying to pass you. And in either case, you're less of a douche than I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I don't think that we've come to that conclusion about me. At best, it seems split. Either way, you seem to be getting beat up quite a bit in this thread and deservedly so, although I seem to agree about most of your thoughts about driving.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I don't think that we've come to that conclusion about me. At best, it seems split. Either way, you seem to be getting beat up quite a bit in this thread and deservedly so, although I seem to agree about most of your thoughts about driving.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hm.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I think for the most part we've come to the conclusion that you are a douche,

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we have not reached that conclusion.
At this point the poll says Lane Blocker Guy is a hero. 78%
Old 08-03-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hm.

[/ QUOTE ]

You deserve to get crap about your lane-blocking opinions, but not about your other thoughts on driving. Difficult to understand?
Old 08-03-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if someone ever tried to block me from going to the end of the left lane in a legal lane of travel i am passing them on the shoulder and putting it in park right in front of them. i am not a particularly ballsy guy but i would do this in a heartbeat, ESPECIALLY if a big rig was doing it,

[/ QUOTE ]

No you wouldn't. Isn't the internet great?