Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 07:03 AM

Default Poker Crusher new software

So PokerEdge just came out with a new software called PokerCrusher (pokercrusher.com). They have a really great concept where they will be datamining themselves on every supported site so the sample on any opponent can be significant enough to be able to rely on the stats. They have an integrated Heads-up display so you can have an overlay on your tables similar to Poker Ace HUD software.

They are currently offering a free demo, so check it out, I'd be interested to know what you 2+2ers think. I personally feel the stats are not at all accurate, I looked at mine and I am running at 26BB/100 over 750 hands which is really not the case as per my pokertracker (I'm actually on a bad streak currently running at 3.2BB/100 over the last 750 hands. Just a little difference. Another major issue with their software if they do not yet support table resizing for us multitablers, no way I'm going to cascade 6 cash games to see my stats. IMHO Pokertracker is still by far #1 on the market for poker stats but Poker Crusher definately has the potential to catch up and even surpass PokerTracker very soon. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Poker Crusher new software

Doesn't FTP have a clause in their T&C's disallowing the use of information on other players that was gained not from your own personal activity? I imagine other sites have similar. How does this affect PokerCrusher?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:12 AM

Found it. Clause 8 here: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/site-terms

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker prohibits the use of external player assistance programs (EPA Programs) which are designed to provide users with an unfair advantage over their opponents. Full Tilt Poker defines external to mean computer software (other than the Full Tilt Poker game client), and non-software-based databases or profiles (e.g., web sites and subscription services). Full Tilt Poker defines an unfair advantage as a user accessing or compiling information on other players beyond that which the user has personally observed through his or her own game play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2007, 09:30 AM

r PokerEdge and Pokercrusher the same??
Old 10-21-2007, 03:02 PM

So then technically it isn't allowed to lookup a player on Sharkscope or officialpokerrankings.com? They can't enforce these rules.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They can't enforce these rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not?
Old 10-21-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So then technically it isn't allowed to lookup a player on Sharkscope or officialpokerrankings.com? They can't enforce these rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
Plenty of people have had their accounts banned for using pokeredge, and pokersoftware seems like the exact same thing, so wtf are you really talking about with this statement?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With this I can only think that u r spamming for Poker Crusher.

Sharkscope or officilapokerrankings r absolutly different of Poker Crusher(Poker Edge).
Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM

Clause 8 or not, using poker edge on Full Tilt is allowed.
Dont believe me?
You can even getpoker edge free if you join full tilt through the poker edgesite.
http://www.poker-edge.com/getpokeredgefree.php
Thats a clear ringing endorsment in my book. Pokerstars and Party are the only sites quoted on the poker edge FAQ as banning poker edge but poker edge claim the sites have no way of knowing if you are using the software.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:33 PM

All that means is that poker edge are FTP affiliates. It doesn't mean FTP endorses their software.

Poker edge may claim that the sites have no way of knowing if you are using their software but that doesn't make it true. If a persons account gets locked for using it, will poker edge back up their claim by compensating that person?

But anyway, I'm not trying to put down the software in question. I'm just querying what the usage rules are on various sites.